Thread: Change

Change

As I write this I breathe the smoke of a large fire near me. I believe it recently was classified as the second largest fire in New Mexico history (the largest burns further north) and could soon become the largest. Yellowstone the first National Park in the U.S. has closed its northern part because of flooding and mud slides destroying roads and buildings. I live in the arid southwest which is in a drought, the driest in 1200 years. However is it a drought or aridification? The new normal? I live close to the U.S. southern border where many are arriving to enter the U.S. and many are said to be climate refugees.

The world is changing as it has throughout the 4 billion years since its formation. The difference now is there are 8 billion of us.

Doshin
    St
    Last edited by Doshin; 06-16-2022 at 01:33 PM.

Metta for the Earth and all it’s inhabitants.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah

The world is changing as it has throughout the 4 billion years since its formation. The difference now is there are 8 billion of us.
    Yes, it is very worrying. Some places and people will be able to adapt but certainly not everyone.

It is hard to argue that 8 million has not already exceeded the carrying capacity of the earth.

Gassho
    Kokuu

children! do they face? daughter more than myself
    sacrificed for family. do they face? Love?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

The changing climate is terrifying. One of the reasons I am working becoming plant-based to decrease my carbon footprint in the world.

Gassho,
    Ekai

SAT