Thread: Shakyo Practice Circle #5, May 2022

Shakyo Practice Circle #5, May 2022

Hello everyone,

This month's practice has a shorter video, as it did not take me long to finish off the one that I was currently working on. Rather than starting over, I wanted to make sure that each one I start is finished, so here you go:

Feel free to post your own videos, or pictures of your practice.

Gassho
    Sat, lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Lovely work, Geika! It looks really good!

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday-

Thank you, Kokuu!

I have several completed now... but I have not really looked at them, I just keep them in the notebook. Maybe one of these days I will look them over and see if my hand has improved over time.

Gassho
    Sat, lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

I think I've done about 5 now as well, so have 15 left to do in the pack of cards that I bought. Will try keep them in order to see if there is any progress from the first to last but I'm not really looking at them much right now when I've finished. I used a different pen for the last one and definitely felt like I wasn't being as accurate tracing many characters, so will stick to the one I was using before.

Gassho
    Ross
    stlah
    慧禅 | Húchán | Ross

Ross,

I have not yet tried a different pen. For now I have been using a calligraphy pen and dipping ink... I kind of want to try a thin Sharpie next to see if it makes less of a mess. I like the accuracy of the lines that the calligraphy pen gives me, but the ink inevitably sprinkles all over the page and my hands over time, no matter how careful I am.

Gassho
    Sat, lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika