Thread: Two Additions to our RECOMMENDED 'At Home' Liturgy ...

Two Additions to our RECOMMENDED 'At Home' Liturgy ...

Dear All,

I would like to mention two additions to our recommended and encouraged "At Home" liturgy, for those who would benefit from some practices in life which complement our Zazen. You can find the whole list here:

First, we have some new daily AFFIRMATIONS (based on a lovely list suggested by our member, Stobird Tom):

Similar to "Gatha," one can recite some wise affirmations each day, as simple reminders of Wisdom and Compassion ... and you might make some of your own:

May I deeply and honestly practice the four Bodhisattva Vows with magnanimity, love, and joy

May I do my best to make the world a better, more beautiful place to live in for all

May I be humble and kind today

May I lend a hand to others today

(and more ... )
    Second, you will find links and information about our Treeleaf "DAILY WISDOM/Dharma Leafs" phone app, available for android. (For iphone folks, see Koushi's post after this one). The app is very simple: With a click, a few words of Zen wisdom pop up, to be repeated, followed by a certain number of breaths. It is good practice during one's busy day, especially at those moments when life gets a little trying.

There is no charge for the app, of course, and it is meant to be both free and freeing. As far as I know, as a good Buddhist app, it is free of "malware" and the like too. Only "goodware."

So, I hope that many folks will benefit from those, and the several other practices and suggestions in our 'At Home' liturgy list.

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
    Last edited by Jundo; 05-02-2022 at 02:45 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Hi Jundo,

The iOS app has been defunct for a while; however, there's still a way for us Apple folk to have easy-access to the daily wisdom

Easiest way

Bookmark https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#wisdom by taking the following steps:

1. Navigate to https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#wisdom on your iOS device
    2. Tap the Share icon at the bottom of the screen
    3. Tap Add Bookmark, then tap Save in the top-right

Home Screen Access

To add the page to your Home Screen, like how an app would be, you can take the following steps:

1. Navigate to https://www.treeleaf.org/now/#wisdom on your iOS device
    2. Tap the Share icon at the bottom of the screen
    3. Tap Add to Home Screen
    4. Edit the title of the page to whatever you'd like
    5. Tap Add in the top-right corner
    6. View the app on your home screen (and apologies for the... odd app icon for now).

Gassho,
    Koushi
    ST
    理道弘志 | Ridō Koushi

Please take this novice priest-in-training's words with a grain of salt.

Thank you, Koushi. Well, I guess that will have to do for iPholks.

I will change the post.

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thank you Jundo.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.
    E84I - JAJ