Thread: Please Help Nurture a Seed: Planting Trees, Bringing Beauty to Ukraine

Please Help Nurture a Seed: Planting Trees, Bringing Beauty to Ukraine

Dear All,

What could be the point of planting trees and flowers, bringing some small life and beauty to Ukraine now when there seem to be so many greater concerns?

Washin expresses it clearly:

"In the time of greatest ugliness it is important to show beauty, to let people see that the ugliness need not win."

Human beings needs food, shelter, safety, but that is not all.

If you would like to help in this project of the heart, Washin's planting group would welcome any donations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Fellow Treeleafers,

I had a deep thought about what is happening in my homeland now, about the above words of our teacher Jundo, and what each of us here on the ground can contribute to achieving peace. Hence this post.

I am writing to let you know about the present situation with our local tree-planting project along the Black Sea coast of my city [Odessa] and of which some of you might be aware.

For the past 6 years or so since the project was established, our group of volunteers has mostly been spending personal savings to get what's needed. We purchased seedlings and small trees as well as some equipment for planting and watering by ourselves. Sometimes we received help from local businessmen, the Maecenas as well as the city bodies. That was a good support to keep our project running too.

For this particular spring season, in spite of such difficult times, we have a plan to plant about 50 new trees which is partially in replacement to those we lost in the act of nature last year, but mainly in accordance to our yearly programme.

A fair part of our group members is currently facing financial issues connected to their workplace. Some places are still closed, the others are being reopened though very slowly restarting to function. Also, we understood from those sources which participated before that they are now very active in supporting the army so they can't help us for the time being until peace in the country prevails.

In view of this, I'd like to request for the community's support of those who might be willing to participate. Any little help will be highly valued and greatly appreciated.

For more information about our "Green Coast" project and community you may visit the following page:

https://www.facebook.com/Green.B.Fontane

Details for the P2P PayPal transactions:

email: Brokart.natali@gmail.com
    Name: Nataliia Khrischenuk (our project manager)

Note that all transactions to Ukraine are commission free till 30 June 2022.

Thanking you in advance.

Gassho and Bows,

Washin
    StLah

Last edited by Jundo; 04-13-2022 at 12:30 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thank you once again for being such an inspiration Washin. I will contribute.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.
    E84I - JAJ

Gassho,
    Nengei
    Sat today. LAH.

contibuted.

hobo kore dojo / 歩歩是道場 / step, step, there is my place of practice

Aprāpti (अप्राप्ति) non-attainment

Hi

I start to chant pray for peace of Ukrina at Eko(回向).

This is what I can do.

Gassho
    Sat today
    LAH
    kakunen

Thank you for being the warmth in my world.

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Deep Bows to the mysteries of PayPal which I eventually go to work !
    Deeper Bows to the Odessa Sangha - Be safe and be well.

Sat for peace.

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Life itself is the only teacher.
    一 Joko Beck

STLah
    安知 Anchi

Gassho, Tomás
    Sat&LaH

Thank you everyone for your kindness and support.
    Very much appreciated

Gassho
    Washin
    StLah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Hi all,

The German Buddhist magazine Ursache\Wirkung issued the following article about our planting community
    in Odessa. Just to note this is the first time we have been published outside of Ukraine.

https://www.ursachewirkung.com/leben...rdauern-werden
    Ursache Wirkung Cover.pdf

Gassho
    Washin
    stlah
    Last edited by Washin; 12-02-2022 at 06:08 AM.
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching

Congratulations, Washin.
    That is a really nice article, showing you as the grounded, wonderful person you are.
    Thank you for sharing.

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Great article, Washin. I had to use Google Translato but it was inspiring.

Mateus
    Satlah

Wonderful! Thank you for posting this article, Washin.

Gassho,
    Nengei
    Sat today. LAH.

Hi all,

Our community has now announced the spring 2023 fundraising for a new parcel of trees to be planted along the Black Sea coast of Odesa. Besides the planting, we experience a strong necessity in replacing some of the equipment which is now worn out (watering hoses, pumps, shovels, and so on).
    Anyone willing to participate in the donation is welcome. That would be greatly appreciated. Any amount matters.

Thank you.

Gassho
    Washin
    stlah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Washin View Post
    Hi all,

Our community has now announced the spring 2023 fundraising for a new parcel of trees to be planted along the Black Sea coast of Odesa. Besides the planting, we experience a strong necessity in replacing some of the equipment which is now worn out (watering hoses, pumps, shovels, and so on).
    Anyone willing to participate in the donation is welcome. That would be greatly appreciated. Any amount matters.

Thank you.

Gassho
    Washin
    stlah
    Is the paypal address and such in the top post in this thread still the best way for people to do that, Washin?

Gassho, Jundo

stlah
    Last edited by Washin; 02-28-2023 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Is the paypal address and such in the top post in this thread still the best way for people to do that, Washin?

Gassho, Jundo

stlah
    Hi Jundo,
    PayPal may not be the best way since we know some people have difficulties with it. We are working on using other methods like "Donate" button on the page or web which would connect directly to the bank. The problem now is that our community is totally volunteer and has not been registered as a charity organization officially yet to use such a way. We are working on this, however.

Gassho
    Washin
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Washin View Post
    Hi Jundo,
    PayPal may not be the best way since we know some people have difficulties with it. We are working on using other methods like "Donate" button on the page or web which would connect directly to the bank. The problem now is that our community is totally volunteer and has not been registered as a charity organization officially yet to use such a way. We are working on this, however.

Gassho
    Washin
    How should they get the money to you then? What do you suggest.

Gassho, Jundo

stlah
    Last edited by Washin; 02-28-2023 at 06:36 AM.

How should they get the money to you then? What do you suggest.

Gassho, Jundo

stlah
    Those folk who face problems with the current paypal way may just leave it as is
    and participate in the future.
    I do not think now is the right time to proceed with organization registration
    until the war is over. But this is just my view as we work and make decisions
    collectively. Keep you posted.

Gassho
    Washin
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    ----

For information, the PayPal link at the top worked fine for me in the UK.

Gassho
    ZenKen (Anna)
    stlah
    Prioritising great gratitude.

ZenKen (Anna)
    禅犬

Dear All,

What could be the point of planting trees and flowers, bringing some small life and beauty to Ukraine now when there seem to be so many greater concerns?

Washin expresses it clearly:

"In the time of greatest ugliness it is important to show beauty, to let people see that the ugliness need not win."

Human beings needs food, shelter, safety, but that is not all.

If you would like to help in this project of the heart, Washin's planting group would welcome any donations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Fellow Treeleafers,

I had a deep thought about what is happening in my homeland now, about the above words of our teacher Jundo, and what each of us here on the ground can contribute to achieving peace. Hence this post.

I am writing to let you know about the present situation with our local tree-planting project along the Black Sea coast of my city [Odessa] and of which some of you might be aware.

For the past 6 years or so since the project was established, our group of volunteers has mostly been spending personal savings to get what's needed. We purchased seedlings and small trees as well as some equipment for planting and watering by ourselves. Sometimes we received help from local businessmen, the Maecenas as well as the city bodies. That was a good support to keep our project running too.

For this particular spring season, in spite of such difficult times, we have a plan to plant about 50 new trees which is partially in replacement to those we lost in the act of nature last year, but mainly in accordance to our yearly programme.

A fair part of our group members is currently facing financial issues connected to their workplace. Some places are still closed, the others are being reopened though very slowly restarting to function. Also, we understood from those sources which participated before that they are now very active in supporting the army so they can't help us for the time being until peace in the country prevails.

In view of this, I'd like to request for the community's support of those who might be willing to participate. Any little help will be highly valued and greatly appreciated.

For more information about our "Green Coast" project and community you may visit the following page:

https://www.facebook.com/Green.B.Fontane

Details for the P2P PayPal transactions:

email: Brokart.natali@gmail.com
    Name: Nataliia Khrischenuk (our project manager)

Note that all transactions to Ukraine are commission free till 30 June 2022.

Thanking you in advance.

Gassho and Bows,

Washin
    StLah

Hello Washin,
    Thank you for all the hard work that is good for climate change too.
    John

Thank you everyone for your kindness and support.

Gassho
    Washin
    stlah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    ----