Thread: The 109th of 108 Gates Of Dharma Illumination

The 109th of 108 Gates Of Dharma Illumination

Of course there is one more Gate. We will celebrate with the Buddha Baby Birthday! Both are beyond measure.

Gate One Hundred and nine

The state in which water is sprinkled on the head is a gate of Dharma illumination; for [with it], following birth in a family, we are at last able to realize anuttara samyaksambodhi.

Anuttara Samyaksambodhi : the supreme right and balanced state of complete truth.

By “Dharma Gate”, We mean a teaching or practice that can lead to spiritual growth: some kind of positive outcome in terms of our practice. A way to approach the truth.

Koan:
    "The Heart Sutra says (there are a number) of things that do not exist, but Dogen Zenji says that these thingsare in fact prajna exactly because they are empty, because they are impermanent and lack independant existance. Everything is prajna itself. .... There is also a singl e instance of prajna manifestingitself right now -- unsurpassable, complete, perfect awakening. "Unsurpassable, complete awakening" is a translation of anuttara-samyak-sambodhi. Anuttara means "unsurpassable" or "beyond comparison." Samyak means "true," "right," "genuine," or "authentic." Sambodhi means "awakening" or "realization." This phrase is an epithet for Shakyamuni Buddha's awakening under the bodhi tree."
    - Shohaku Okumura; Realizing Genjokoan pg38; link here

Most note worthy replies :
    Not to be wasted
    So precious
    Is this human birth

Come back tomorrow to celebrate the start of my 86th trip around the sun to me !!!
    合掌 仁道 生開 - gassho, Jindo Shokai
    stlah
    Last edited by Shokai; 04-08-2022 at 02:03 AM.
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Come back tomorrow to celebrate the start of my 86th trip around the sun to me !!!
    Looking forward to the cake
    Thank you for being the warmth in my world.

Life itself is the only teacher.
    一 Joko Beck

STLah
    安知 Anchi

hobo kore dojo / 歩歩是道場 / step, step, there is my place of practice

Aprāpti (अप्राप्ति) non-attainment

Tairin
    Sat today and lah

Happy birthday, my friend.

In this moment, see
    The truth of all that has been, of karma, and of reincarnation,
    As one life flows into the next.

Gassho,
    然芸 Nengei
    Sat today. LAH.

It is a precious think. Feeling lots of grattitude for a chance to wakeup tomorrow with an oppoetunity to be fully present with my family.

Happy Birthday!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Jukai '09 Dharma Name: Shinko 慎重(Prudent Calm)