Thread: April 8-9th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai - CELEBRATING BUDDHA'S (and Shokai's) BIRTHDAY!

April 8-9th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai - CELEBRATING BUDDHA'S (and Shokai's) BIRTHDAY!

REMINDER: Time Change for Daylight Savings

Our Zazenkai today is also in CELEBRATION of BUDDHA'S BIRTHDAY, traditionally APRIL 8th in Japan!

MORE INFORMATION on CELEBRATING AT HOME HERE - LINK

Dear All,

Please sit our Treeleaf Zazenkai for 90 minutes with Zazen, Heart Sutra and more:

10am Japan Saturday morning, NY 9pm, LA 6pm Friday night, London 2am and Paris 3am Saturday morning, or any time thereafter here:

However, "one way" live sitters are encouraged to come into the Zoom sitting, and just leave the camera and microphone turned off: Join live (with or without a camera & microphone) on Zoom at: TREELEAF Now OR at DIRECT ZOOM LINK, password (if needed): dogen

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 VERSE OF ATONEMENT & FOUR VOWS
    01:30 - 01:45(?) Informal Tea Time (All Welcome)

ATTENTION: Everyone, when rising for Kinhin or Ceremonies after Zazen, get up slowly, don't rush, hold something stable, you won't be "late," so TAKE YOUR TIME! Make sure you are careful getting up!

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLah

PS - There is no "wrong" or "right" in Zazen ... yet here is a little explanation of the "right" times to Bow (A Koan) ...

Chant Book is here for those who wish to join in: CHANT BOOK LINK

The other video I mention on Zendo decorum is this one, from our "Always Beginners" video Series:

Sit-a-Long with Jundo: Zazen for Beginners (12) - Basic Zendo Decorum At Home
    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...093#post189093

I also recommend a little Talk on why small rituals and procedures are so cherished in the Zendo:

SIT-A-LONG with Jundo: Small Things in the Zendo

https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...s-in-the-Zendo

Last edited by Sekishi; 04-08-2022 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Added youtube video and updated the times.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Will be there with sweet tea!

Sat Today
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

See you tonight, will be skipping the tea though!

Gassho,
    ./sat
    Neil

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Hi all,

Two things:

1. The London / Paris times in the original post were wrong (I think... ) and I corrected them (I hope... ).
    2. Zoom and youtube are ready to go! See you all soon!

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Miss joining you all live! Not going to make this one, but I will do my best to sit on demand at a later time.

I appreciate you all very much.

Gassho,

Bokugan
    SatToday
    墨眼 | Bokugan | Sumi Ink Eye
    Ryan-S | zazenlibrarian.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sekishi View Post
    Hi all,

1. The London / Paris times in the original post were wrong (I think... ) and I corrected them (I hope... ).
    *had set alarm for 1:45am* (and now regretting that tea!)

It's usually at 2:00am isn't it? Doing it from 3am onwards makes it basically impossible here.

Catch you all next time around then, have a nice sit! :}

Gassho,
    ./sat
    Neil
    Last edited by houst0n; 04-09-2022 at 12:12 AM.

I will try to sit the beginning with you all. (I’m at Fiddle Hell this weekend and it runs from 10am to 11pm; the hell part is FOMO.)
    Gassho,
    Naiko
    st

April 8-9th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai - CELEBRATING BUDDHA'S (and Shokai's) BIRTHDAY!

I sat at morning.

Please enjoy sitting!

Gassho
    Sat kakunen
    Last edited by Kakunen; 04-09-2022 at 01:15 AM.

It was wonderful to sit with all of you!

Gassho,

Chukyo

ST

Thank you, everyone for the lovely zazenkai and discussion afterwards. It was from the heart to the heart, and I will try to find ways to add beauty and peace to the world.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
    恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Thank you all and just know, I think you all bring your unique beauty to the sangha and world!

Sat Today
    Bion
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Quote Originally Posted by houst0n View Post
    *had set alarm for 1:45am* (and now regretting that tea!)

It's usually at 2:00am isn't it? Doing it from 3am onwards makes it basically impossible here.

Catch you all next time around then, have a nice sit! :}

Gassho,
    ./sat
    Neil
    Time change buddy! Every year

Sat Today
    Bion

Life itself is the only teacher.
    一 Joko Beck

STLah
    安知 Anchi

Thank you everyone! Happy birthday Buddha, happy birthday Shokai!
    Gassho, Kiri
    Sat/Lah
    希 rare
    理 principle
    (Nikolas)

Finished sitting with you all this morning.

Happy Birthday Baby Buddha and Shokai!

Beautiful talk, Jundo -- Washin and his sangha planting trees and flowers is inspiring. Thank you Jakuden and everyone

Gassho,

Bokugan
    SatToday
    墨眼 | Bokugan | Sumi Ink Eye
    Ryan-S | zazenlibrarian.com

Lovely! Thank you everyone!

Gassho
    Kokuu

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Completed On Demand. Wonderfully inspiring talk, thank you all.

Sat for peace.

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

My dear friends, I could only stay a brief time because my body will not let daily say my loving kindnesses in for you. Now I know the meaning of the Lotus Sutra, though I cannot read it all. My body isn't all. My memory faults me although AVM removed, this I listened to Heart Sutra and now know emptiness is old age. I shall only watch and go to teaching, Calm Poetry.
    Gassho
    st/lah
    Last edited by Tai Shi; 04-13-2022 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆