Thread: The 105th of 108 Gates Of Dharma Illumination

The 105th of 108 Gates Of Dharma Illumination

Gate One Hundred and five
    Read the following, place it in your heart and sleep on it. Then, tomorrow, live it until evening when you can leave a brief comment on what you may have received during the process.

Endurance of obedient following is a gate of Dharma illumintion; for [with it] we obey the Dharma of all the buddhas.

The state of obedient following : The first of the 5 obediences which summarize the ten states of a Bodhisattva.

By “Dharma Gate”, We mean a teaching or practice that can lead to spiritual growth: some kind of positive outcome in terms of our practice. A way to approach the truth.

Koan:
    "The Avatamsaka sutra highlights the visionary and mystical power of attaining the spiritual wisdom which sees the nature of the world: "Endless action arises from the mind; from action arises the multifarious world. Having understood that the world's true nature is mind, you display bodies of your own in harmony with the world. Having realized that this world is like a dream, and that all Buddhas are like mere reflections, that all dharmas are like an echo, you move unimpeded in the world.
    As a result of their meditative power, Buddhas have the magical ability to create and manifest infinite forms, and they do this in many skillful ways out of great compassion for all beings.
    In all atoms of all lands Buddha enters, each and every one, Producing miracle displays for sentient beings: Such is the way of Vairocana.... The techniques of the Buddhas are inconceivable,
    All appearing in accord with beings’ minds.... In each atom the Buddhas of all times Appear, according to inclinations; While their essential nature neither comes nor goes, By their vow power they pervade the worlds.(Cleary 1984–7: I, Bk 4)

The point of these teachings is to lead all beings through the ten bodhisattva levels to the goal of Buddhahood (which is done for sake of all other beings). These stages of spiritual attainment are also widely discussed in various parts of the sutra."
    - Avatamsaka Sutra / Wikipedia; link here

Most note worthy replies :
    I know
    Nothing. So,
    I bow to my vows.

Stray not from the path
    And the path
    Guides our every step

合掌 仁道 生開 - gassho, Jindo Shokai
    stlah
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Thank you for being the warmth in my world.

Life itself is the only teacher.
    一 Joko Beck

STLah
    安知 Anchi

hobo kore dojo / 歩歩是道場 / step, step, there is my place of practice

Aprāpti (अप्राप्ति) non-attainment

Tairin
    Sat today and lah