Thread: "War is war, and watering is on schedule"

"War is war, and watering is on schedule"

I don't think that they recorded this week's Sunday Zazen sitting, but I would like to share this. So, Washin, like many other folks remaining in Odessa, is busy during the day trying to transport humanitarian aid into the country to send it on to east Ukraine. However, when he can, Washin is trying to water and maintain the trees that his Sangha planted on the coast this past year, just because it gives people some hope to see some life in spring, let some invaders come and knock them over!

He says, "War is war, and watering is on schedule

Зелёный берег на склонах Фонтана"

Last edited by Jundo; 03-28-2022 at 06:54 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Gassho, Tomás
    Sat&LaH

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Despite the stupidity, greed and arrogance of some elements of the human race, nature prevails - with a little LAH from those with a pure heart.

Thank you Washin and oodles of Metta to you and your countryfolk.

Sat for peace

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Life itself is the only teacher.
    一 Joko Beck

STLah
    安知 Anchi

Simply beautiful.

Gassho. Gassho. Gassho.

Sat

Sent from my Lenovo TB-7305F using Tapatalk

I have found during my illness that having a connection with plants that respond to the seasons and have their own needs is really important. It reminds me that while I can get lost in the pain and difficulties, there is something beyond that which will keep on going. Although being in a country at war is different, I hope that Washin feels some of that also. There is just something so simple and beautiful in growing plants, whether herbs or trees! Trees especially will outgrow a time of war and see people enjoying them in a country at peace.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday-

aprapti

sat

hobo kore dojo / 歩歩是道場 / step, step, there is my place of practice

Aprāpti (अप्राप्ति) non-attainment

Trees especially will outgrow a time of war and see people enjoying them in a country at peace.
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Peace

Doshin
    St

Tairin
    Sat today and lah

This broke me.

Gassho,
    Ryūmon (Kirk)
    Sat
    流文

I know nothing.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
    恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Beautiful perseverance

gassho, Shokai
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Mateus
    Sat/LAH

Quote Originally Posted by Kokuu View Post
    I have found during my illness that having a connection with plants that respond to the seasons and have their own needs is really important. It reminds me that while I can get lost in the pain and difficulties, there is something beyond that which will keep on going. Although being in a country at war is different, I hope that Washin feels some of that also. There is just something so simple and beautiful in growing plants, whether herbs or trees! Trees especially will outgrow a time of war and see people enjoying them in a country at peace.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday-
    You speak my mind as well, dear brother. These amazing beings make no noise and fuss… they just go on peacefully living and doing their thing while we come and we go.

Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Beautiful!

Gassho,
    Kelly/Jinmei
    sattoday