Thread: The 98th of 108 Gates Of Dharma Illumination

The 98th of 108 Gates Of Dharma Illumination

Gate Ninety-seven
    Read the following, place it in your heart and sleep on it. Then, tomorrow, live it until evening when you can leave a brief comment on what you may have received during the process.

The practice of the balanced state of dhyāna is a gate of Dharma illumination; for it fulfills the ten powers.

Dhyāna : A deep awareness of oneness (prajna paramita) which is inclusive of perception of body, mind, senses and surroundings, yet remaining unidentified within the meditation.

By “Dharma Gate”, We mean a teaching or practice that can lead to spiritual growth: some kind of positive outcome in terms of our practice. A way to approach the truth.

Koan:
    "Sitting on a pile of pillows, back aching, knees screaming, and mind racing, I would wonder, “Am I doing this right?” But the promise of freedom from my inner turmoil kept me coming back to the practice. When it comes to focus, you’re fighting an uphill battle. Our world is a sea of distraction that you’ve been swimming in your whole life.
    Across the street from my house were the railroad tracks, the unofficial boundary line of a special world we called the “Pipeyard. But this dangerous place wasn’t just for fun, it was my sanctuary. A place where I could spend hours alone, balancing back and forth above the dusty weeds. And that’s when the magic happened. All of my worries and anxiety would disappear. On those narrow pipes there was no room for the nagging fears, the unhelpful inner dialogue, and vague uneasiness that haunted me. The physicality got me out of my head and into the present moment. When a yoga teacher tells me to get grounded, I know exactly what that feels like. In balancing, every moment is novel. Meditation won’t always be so difficult. Sure, there are good and bad days, but at some point you get past the struggle and mostly enjoy it."
    - Tiny Buddha ; link here

Most note worthy replies :
    A silk thread in a spring breeze
    There it goes!
    A way unattainable.

Within each raindrop
    The wisdom
    Of infinite seas

合掌 仁道 生開 - gassho, Jindo Shokai
    stlah
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Life itself is the only teacher.
    一 Joko Beck

STLah
    安知 Anchi

A silk thread in a spring breeze
    There it goes!
    A way unattainable.

life itself..

aprapti

sat

hobo kore dojo / 歩歩是道場 / step, step, there is my place of practice

Aprāpti (अप्राप्ति) non-attainment

Thank you for being the warmth in my world.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah

Juki
    "First you have to give up." Tyler Durden