Thread: The 93rd of 108 Gates Of Dharma Illumination

The 93rd of 108 Gates Of Dharma Illumination

Gate Ninety-three
    Read the following, place it in your heart and sleep on it. Then, tomorrow, live it until evening when you can leave a brief comment on what you may have received during the process.

Expedient means are a gate of Dharma illumination; for [with them] we manifest ourselves according to the dignified forms that living beings admire, and we teach and guide [living beings], accomplishing the Dharma of all the buddhas.

Expedient means : - the wisdom of knowledge

By “Dharma Gate”, We mean a teaching or practice that can lead to spiritual growth: some kind of positive outcome in terms of our practice. A way to approach the truth.

Koan:
    "In Mahayana Buddhism, wisdom is the direct and intimate realization of sunyata, or emptiness. Very simply, this is the teaching that all phenomena are without self-essence or independent existence. Prajna is the ultimate perfection that includes all other perfections. The late Robert Aitken Roshi wrote:
    "The Sixth Paramita is Prajna, the raison d'être of the Buddha Way. If Dana is the entry to the Dharma, then Prajna is its realization and the other Paramitas are Prajna in alternate form." (The Practice of Perfection, p. 107)
    That all phenomena are without self-essence may not strike you as especially wise, but as you work with prajna teachings the significance of sunyata becomes more and more evident, and the importance of sunyata to Mahayana Buddhism cannot be overstated. The sixth paramata represents transcendent knowledge, in which there is no subject-object, self-other dualism at all.
    However, this wisdom cannot be understood by intellect alone. So how do we understand it? Through the practice of the other perfections--generosity, morality, patience, energy. and meditation."

- Barabara O'Brien's Leaning Religion; link here

Most note worthy replies :
    When I stop
    Trying to find the fastest way, the skipping-steps way,
    And I awaken to the wisdom of who is around me;
    When I just do what they tell me without inward grumping
    I might finally take a place in their light.

Solid, liquid, gas
    Shifting forms
    Water serves all needs

合掌 仁道 生開 - gassho, Jindo Shokai
    stlah
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Life itself is the only teacher.
    一 Joko Beck

STLah
    安知 Anchi

Tairin
    Sat today and lah

Thank you for being the warmth in my world.

Juki
    "First you have to give up." Tyler Durden

hobo kore dojo / 歩歩是道場 / step, step, there is my place of practice

Aprāpti (अप्राप्ति) non-attainment

All things being one
    What can be expedient or not?
    Despite our actions weeds and flowers bloom alike. So let's plant.

Gassho,
    Nengyoku
    Sat
    Thank you for being the warmth in my world.