Thread: February 25th-26th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai - For World Peace

February 25th-26th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai - For World Peace

Please join us for this Zazenkai especially dedicated to Peace in this World.

Beyond my side or your side, inquiry into right and wrong,
    drawing this border or that, my flag and yours, the worldly concerns of diplomats, generals and our leaders that fill the news,
    we feel simple sorrow for all victims of violence, the living people, innocent, the children and families in its way.

The true enemies are the poisons: greed and anger, disregard of human life, taking that not given, an inability to leave others alone and to share this world, and all forms of divided thinking.

dlt peace enso.png

Dear All,

Please sit our Treeleaf Zazenkai for 90 minutes with Zazen, Heart Sutra and more:

10am Japan Saturday morning, NY 8pm, LA 5pm Friday night, London 1am and Paris 2am Saturday morning, or any time thereafter here:

However, "one way" live sitters are encouraged to come into the Zoom sitting, and just leave the camera and microphone turned off: Join live (with or without a camera & microphone) on Zoom at: TREELEAF Now OR at DIRECT ZOOM LINK, password (if needed): dogen

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 VERSE OF ATONEMENT & FOUR VOWS
    01:30 - 01:45(?) Informal Tea Time (All Welcome)

ATTENTION: Everyone, when rising for Kinhin or Ceremonies after Zazen, get up slowly, don't rush, hold something stable, you won't be "late," so TAKE YOUR TIME! Make sure you are careful getting up!

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLah

PS - There is no "wrong" or "right" in Zazen ... yet here is a little explanation of the "right" times to Bow (A Koan) ...

Chant Book is here for those who wish to join in: CHANT BOOK LINK

The other video I mention on Zendo decorum is this one, from our "Always Beginners" video Series:

Sit-a-Long with Jundo: Zazen for Beginners (12) - Basic Zendo Decorum At Home
    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...093#post189093

I also recommend a little Talk on why small rituals and procedures are so cherished in the Zendo:

SIT-A-LONG with Jundo: Small Things in the Zendo

https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...s-in-the-Zendo
    Last edited by Sekishi; 02-26-2022 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Youtube one-way link added.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

I’ll see you all later.

Sat Today
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Won't be there live for this but will catch it later. I'm away supervising our school basketball teams for a tournament in another city this weekend.

Gassho
    Ross
    STLAH

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    Won't be there live for this but will catch it later. I'm away supervising our school basketball teams for a tournament in another city this weekend.

Gassho
    Ross
    STLAH
    I would rather have folks settling things on the basketball court than the battlefield.

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Will be joining this one tomorrow morning on YouTube. Peace to you friends.

Gassho,
    Nengyoku
    SatLah
    Thank you for being the warmth in my world.

Family duties this evening, but am looking forward to sitting with the recording tomorrow.

May peace fill the hearts of leaders, especially those struggling to unreachable, unfathomable goals.

Gassho,
    然芸 Nengei
    Sat today. LAH.

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Zoom and youtube are ready to go! See you all soon.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

It was hard to decide, but it is best if I join you all via the recording over the weekend this time around. Very much looking forward to sitting with you all for world peace

Gassho,

Bokugan
    SatToday LaH
    墨眼 | Bokugan | Sumi Ink Eye
    Ryan-S | zazenlibrarian.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bokugan View Post
    It was hard to decide, but it is best if I join you all via the recording over the weekend this time around. Very much looking forward to sitting with you all for world peace

Gassho,

Bokugan
    SatToday LaH
    Good call! Take care of that back!!!!
    Sat Today
    Bion
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Quote Originally Posted by Bion View Post
    Good call! Take care of that back!!!!
    Sat Today
    Slow progress, but getting better!

Gassho,

Bokugan
    SatToday LaH

Thank you all

Gassho
    Sat, lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Thanks everyone, goodnight

Gassho,
    ./sat

Love and peace to all
    Thank you dear Sangha.

Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by houst0n View Post
    Thanks everyone, goodnight

Gassho,
    ./sat
    Gotta stay for tea time one of the nights! Good night!

Sat Today
    Bion

Thank you all for the fellowship and encouragement always. The peace we desire, and hope for, is indiscriminate and non-judgmental, beyond blame and divisions. It is a peace that is nourished by loving-kindness and generous compassion!

Sat Today
    Bion

Thank you all for meeting, practicing, sitting, living together. Our global family is something that I cherish beyond measure.

May you all be safe and at peace.

Gassho,
    Koushi
    STLaH
    理道弘志 | Ridō Koushi

Please take this novice priest-in-training's words with a grain of salt.

It was wonderful to sit with all of you. Metta to all those affected by war and violence.

Gassho,

Chukyo

ST

That was very lovely! Thank you everyone.
    The talk was deep and moving. Thank you Jundo.

Metta to all families and all that suffer.
    For all those with a heavy heart,
    Losing someone they love.
    To those touched by injustice and violence.

May all sentient beings be free of suffering.

ln Peace

Gassho
    Life itself is the only teacher.
    一 Joko Beck

STLah
    安知 Anchi

February 25th-26th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai - For World Peace

Every Zazenkai always touches deeply. This one was very moving. Thank you everyone for your practice and thank you Jundo for your words during these difficult times. Much metta to our brothers and sisters and to all sentient beings dealing with conflict and violence.

Gassho
    Bobby
    SatTodayLAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kaiku; 03-01-2022 at 01:14 PM.
    Just Sit

Thank you, Jundo, for your teaching. I really needed to hear it as I have been burning with some ugly emotions this week. Thank you, friends, for your practice.
    Gassho,
    Naiko
    st lah

Thank you everyone. I sat with you this morning.

Metta for all affected by war, violence, anger, greed, and delusion

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Thank you for chanting, sitting, walking and crying together. Thank you for the talk.

Gassho, Tomás
    Sat&LaH

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Metta to all those affected by these tragedies.
    Thank you all for your practice.

Sat for Peace

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Thank you for the wonderful talk, Jundo.

Finished sitting with you all this morning

Thank you all for your practice and sitting for world peace

Gassho,

Bokugan
    SatToday

Sat with the recording this morning. Thank you for the thoughtful talk Jundo and thank you everyone for your practice.
    Sat today
    Sandra
    花島 (Ka·tou / flower·island)

Thank you everyone!
    Peace.

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Thank you.

Wishing you all peace and freedom from suffering.

Gassho
    Kokuu

"No old age, and death, No cessation, of old age and death," live the enlightened way, Acute four months tomorrow brain surgery, extending my life, dedicate brain surgery life follows by this surgery AVM, people affected by deadly premature, not premature manner of death, peace at the time of death, peace descend then rise as flock of geese into horizon, bring peace to suffering. 70-years of age may I die in peace without pain, with pain.
    Gassho
    sat/ lah
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

Thank you everyone
    Gassho, Kiri
    Sat/Lah
    希 rare
    理 principle
    (Nikolas)

Finished sitting with you all this morning. Much needed. Thank you. Metta to all who are suffering.

Gassho,
    Kaisui
    sat

Peace to the people of the Ukraine, people who hunger, and have no place to live, or need medicine, relief from war. Opening the Hand of Thought, "You can spend your whole life oblivious of what is happening around you, or you can live your whole life with an aware mind. To live blindly is utterly meaningless. Bodhi-mind--or Way mind, or awakening--is that mind which constantly reminds you to wake in the real sense." Kosho Uchiyama.
    Gassho
    sat/ lah
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆