Thread: The 25th of 108 Gates Of Dharma Illumination

The 25th of 108 Gates Of Dharma Illumination

Gate Twenty Five
    Read the following, place it in your heart and sleep on it. Then, tomorrow, live it until evening when you can leave a brief comment on what you may have received during the process.

Truth is a gate of Dharma illumination; for [with it] we do not deceive ourselves.

By “Dharma Gate”, we mean a teaching or practice we can study to gain insights into the deepening our practice. It's a way to integrate our understanding of approaching reality.

Truth :
    being in accordance with the actual state or conditions; conforming to reality or fact; not false

Most note worthy replies :
    Honesty and truth
    Light the way
    To authentic life

Recognizing truth
    This is everything
    By which we know nothing.

合掌
    stlah
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Thank you Shokai

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Life itself is the only teacher.
    一 Joko Beck

STLah
    安知 Anchi

hobo kore dojo / 歩歩是道場 / step, step, there is my place of practice

Aprāpti (अप्राप्ति) non-attainment

Not just speaking the truth, but recognizing it in everything.

Gassho
    Juki

sat today and lah
    "First you have to give up." Tyler Durden

Words have many definitions, and I think we can split truth into two definitions here.

truth with a little "t" is the quality or state of being true. Not a lie. This is the way that most people probably use truth.

Truth with a capital "T" is that which is in accordance with fact or reality.

A thing can be true without being True. If I believe it to be true, but it does not according with things as it is, am I telling a lie? Do I become a liar just because of my own ignorance? I have not willfully done anything wrong.

But is the Truth always true? Upāya would be an excellent example of telling a Truth that is not. Making a statement which in the relativity is not fully honest, or even is a boldface lie, but points towards a deeper Truth.

Better to tell a lie that is True than a truth which is false.

Gassho,
    William
    Sat