Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do eyes have to be open?

EDITED BY JUNDO

You got that right. I am not a ...
    Last edited by Jundo; 01-14-2022 at 01:40 AM.
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Shi View Post
    You got that right. I am not a...
    I have political views (oh boy, I sure do, and I express them many places) ...

... but we seek to leave overt political statements at the Zendo door when entering for practice. Here, we drop such views and judgements. So, I deleted the above.

On the way out, you may pick them up again at the door.

Gassho, Jundo
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Do eyes have to be open?

Thank you now I know. I felt that Shokai made a political statement so if I am incorrect please explain to me what he meant. Was he criticizing me or my country lol I am never quite sure where I am with him and he is a nice guy like me. I simply find some sttatementa easier than others. I prefer ordinary speech over metaphors and symbolism. As far as my writing, unless it violates by swearing or attacking. You must not criticize what you don’t understand. It has nothing to do with right speech. Literature is not judged by those who do not know about reading great literature. Like Andrew Marvel, Ezera Pound, Theadore Roethke . Which or who are your favorite poets? Tell me. Two weeks ago I purchased a new volume of Canadian poets. I intend to educate myself about Canadian contemporary poetry. Which American poets are your favorites? Do you know exactly the poetry of Phillip Larkin or the poetry of William Stafford? Who woul you suggest I read from the Canadian canon?
    Gassho
    sat/ lah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Tai Shi; 01-14-2022 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Shi View Post
    Thank you now I know. I felt that Shokai made a political statement so if I am incorrect please explain to me what he meant. Was he criticizing me or my country lol I am never quite sure where I am with him and he is a nice guy like me. I simply find some sttatementa easier than others. I prefer ordinary speech over metaphors and symbolism.
    Gassho
    sat/ lah

Hi Shokai,

I don't spot a particularly political post from Shokai, but if you see one ... let me know. Rules apply to me and the priests too.

Again, we just have this rule ... not because politics are not important in the world ... but because a Zendo should be a haven from all the debates and disputes going on everywhere else on the internet! Here, we put it down for a time. When we pick it up again later, maybe things are a bit clearer in the heart.

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

I was about to violate two Precepts. In that way an in my heart I ask your pardon. I would like to offer my apology. Shokai. I’m sorry.
    Gassho
    sat/ lah
    Tai Shi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12