Thread: The 13th of108 Gates Of Dharma Illumination

The 13th of108 Gates Of Dharma Illumination

Gate Thirteen
    Read the following, place it in your heart and sleep on it. Then, tomorrow, live it until evening when you can leave a brief comment on what you may have received during the process.

Mindfulness of the heavens is a gate of Dharma illumination; for it gives rise to a wide and big mind.

By “Dharma Gate”, we mean a teaching or practice we can study to gain insights into the deepening our practice. It's a way to integrate our understanding of approaching reality.

The Koan:
    "I don't stand here giving talks for others. I give them for myself. You should not listen to my talk, but rather listen by stirring up something inside you, something that stirs you and pulls on you; it should truly call to you.
    These days, people feel disatisfied because modern man feels he is unexciting, and that he must do something about it. And he thinks he can do something about it. That is what we call delusion. There is no other self than the one who lives with these thoughts right now. It is the self that cannot be replaced. There is no place where another me is. So the thoughts and activities of our selves today is irreplaceable. Hence this self must be the true self."
    -Sawaki's Discovering the True Self pgs 137/ 139

A Most note worthy reply :

Where do we seek the heavens?
    What are the heavens in our practice?
    Oh...
    Here we are.

gassho, shokai
    stlah
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Life itself is the only teacher.
    一 Joko Beck

STLah
    安知 Anchi

hobo kore dojo / 歩歩是道場 / step, step, there is my place of practice

Aprāpti (अप्राप्ति) non-attainment

Thank you Shokai

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

In the vast expanse of the heavens, things are illuminated at the speed of light. In the equally vast expanse of the mind, delusions arise at the speed of thought. By calming the mind, we may see through the fog of our deluded thoughts.

Gassho
    Juki,
    sat today and lah
    "First you have to give up." Tyler Durden

Let's not forget to check out the Asuras, Devas and hungry ghosts

gassho,Shokai
    stlah
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/