Thread: 'The ZEN of EVERYTHING! Podcast' .. Ep. 64 .. Dreaming of a Zen Christmas (Rebroad)

'The ZEN of EVERYTHING! Podcast' .. Ep. 64 .. Dreaming of a Zen Christmas (Rebroad)

A Treeleaf holiday favorite ...

Episode 64 ... I'm Dreaming of a Zen Christmas (Rebroadcast)

Our 2019 Christmas episode was so good, and we realized that we would never be able to record a better Christmas episode, so we decided to rebroadcast it this year. Jundo and Kirk discuss how Christmas and Zen can find common ground, and discuss their favorite Zen Christmas carols.
    THE LINK: https://www.zen-of-everything.com/64

For more about the podcast, where to send your serious or silly questions ...

https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...-ON-THE-AIR%21

You can also sign up by RSS, or hear it many places such as Spotify and Apple Podcasts (follow the links above).

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLAH
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

I listened on Christmas Eve. Thank you both for a beautiful episode!

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday-

I listened on Christmas Eve as I wrapped up some presents for my family

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Beautiful. Thank you

Gassho
    Washin
    stlah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

I think I should point out that we don't plan to rebroadcast other episodes, but it's true that we could never do another Christmas episode as good as this. I think this will be a tradition, at least if our release date is close enough to Christmas, which, since we release an episode every two weeks, won't always be the case.

Gassho,

Ryūmon

sat
    流文

I know nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryumon View Post
    I think I should point out that we don't plan to rebroadcast other episodes, but it's true that we could never do another Christmas episode as good as this. I think this will be a tradition, at least if our release date is close enough to Christmas, which, since we release an episode every two weeks, won't always be the case.

Gassho,

Ryūmon

sat
    But I think we are cheating on the numbering. There is a Precept on Podcast Numbering (I forget the Precept number, maybe 6.5). If we are going to the traditional 108 Podcast episodes, I don't think that this should be 64.

What do you say, Kirk?

Gassho, J

STLah

I listened with curiosity to the similarities between Christmas and other holidays and I am always trying to understand. Okay this is accurate and acceptable to me.
    Gassho
    sat/ lah
    Tai Shi with curiosity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    But I think we are cheating on the numbering. There is a Precept on Podcast Numbering (I forget the Precept number, maybe 6.5). If we are going to the traditional 108 Podcast episodes, I don't think that this should be 64.

What do you say, Kirk?

Gassho, J

STLah
    It has to have a unique number, because that’s how the podcast host works. But what are numbers anyway?

Gassho,
    Ryūmon
    Sat
    流文

I know nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryumon View Post
    It has to have a unique number, because that’s how the podcast host works. But what are numbers anyway?

Gassho,
    Ryūmon
    Sat
    Well, Apple's Big Data Algorithms override the Precepts once again!

Gassho, J