Thread: Locked out of Tapatalk - PW / Username / Email loop

Locked out of Tapatalk - PW / Username / Email loop

Hi all,

I created a new Gmail address specifically for Treeleaf, and I updated my address in my Treeleaf profile -- no problem.

I usually check Treeleaf on Tapatalk on my phone, and.... oops. It won't let me in. Doesn't recognize me.

I went to the Tapatalk website instead because the app is generally buggy on my phone.

I've tried possible pw/U-N/email combinations on Tapatalk that I've had over 6+ years, cleared cache, considered uninstalling and reinstalling. It started to go through once, then decided "oops, never mind." Before I get too involved in things, wanted to ask if there is a simple solution to this issue that I have not considered.

I changed nothing else -- only my email address, and I have logged into Treeleaf forum with my new email address without problems.

Galaxy S10+, Android 11 (I think - it's updated). Thanks in advance.

gassho, meian stlh
    迷安 Mei An (Wandering At Rest) | 優婆塞 Ubasoku
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Living and practicing at the pace of chronic illness.

Test

Quote Originally Posted by Meian View Post
    Test
    Test working

Sat Today
    Bion
    美音

-------------------------
    Join me on Insight Timer
    Help me feed those in need by joining my Share The Meal team HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Bion View Post
    Test working

Sat Today
    Took a backdoor route, still not entirely sure why Tapatalk went wonky Seems to have worked, for now!

Gassho
    meian / "Meian-k"
    stlh

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Who knows!!! Technology at times is nuts
    Changing the Treeleaf account email does not change the Tapatalk login, as far as I know.

Sat lah
    Bion
    美音

-------------------------
    Join me on Insight Timer
    Help me feed those in need by joining my Share The Meal team HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Bion View Post
    Who knows!!! Technology at times is nuts
    Changing the Treeleaf account email does not change the Tapatalk login, as far as I know.

Sat lah

I did not expect that it would, but having just checked via laptop -- Tapatalk is welcoming me at my new email address, and I am receiving mail at the new address from Treeleaf forum activity, and "Treeleaf Tapatalk" activity.

It took a very roundabout way to get there as I had to go in through Treeleaf forum directly (different browser), log in that way, then log in through Tapatalk, create a new username on Tapatalk ("Meian-k") -- then "Treeleaf Tapatalk" proceeded as usual.

Apparently both are at my new address now -- just Tapatalk app is kicking at me a bit (we never did get along very well!).

gassho, meian stlah
    Last edited by Meian; 12-23-2021 at 11:34 PM. Reason: update on the email situation

Treeleaf Unsui / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    I wish I had something helpful to add Meian, but Tapatalk is a little bit of a black-box to me. We have the plugin for it installed on the forum and the app talks to it. I really have no idea what is going on under the hood.

I looked through my notes, and found a *sort of* similar issue a few years back that we solved with the following steps:

- Open Tapatalk
    - Tap: Me (icon - bottom right) => My Groups => Treeleaf Zendo
    - Tap: Menu (three lines icon - top right) => Switch Account
    - Re-enter forum username and password

I have a note that sometimes people have needed to do that after Jukai too (because of the name change).

If your new "Meian-k" account is working, then maybe thats enough, but if you feel like testing the above steps on your old account, I guess it could be interesting to see if it makes any difference.

I'm sorry it is being derpy.

Deep bows,
    Sekishi
    #sat
    sekishi
    石志

He/him. As a novice priest-in-training, this is simply an expression of my opinion. Please take it with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekishi View Post
    I wish I had something helpful to add Meian, but Tapatalk is a little bit of a black-box to me. We have the plugin for it installed on the forum and the app talks to it. I really have no idea what is going on under the hood.

I looked through my notes, and found a *sort of* similar issue a few years back that we solved with the following steps:

- Open Tapatalk
    - Tap: Me (icon - bottom right) => My Groups => Treeleaf Zendo
    - Tap: Menu (three lines icon - top right) => Switch Account
    - Re-enter forum username and password

I have a note that sometimes people have needed to do that after Jukai too (because of the name change).

If your new "Meian-k" account is working, then maybe thats enough, but if you feel like testing the above steps on your old account, I guess it could be interesting to see if it makes any difference.

I'm sorry it is being derpy.

Deep bows,
    Sekishi
    #sat
    Hi Sekishi,

Derpy is ok -- it is part of using technology.

Thank you for your reply, it was helpful.

I will try the suggested method you gave. It will be interesting to see what happens. I like doing experiments.

Gassho2, meian stlh

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk