Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is Emptiness?

Gassho all, interesting thread...

It's interesting how hard we try to use words to describe things we admit are undescribable. Approximations, inferences, like shining a light around a dark room hoping to catch the shadow of a ghost. I appreciate all the effort, really, but at the end of the day there's no way to understand it logically, rationally. It's akin to an emotion, arising from within, without preamble. My own words are just as inadequate and silly to behold.

Kodo Tobiishi sat today, lah
    It occurs to me that my attachment to this body is entirely arbitrary. All the evidence is subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Bion View Post
    What are opposites but interdependence? There is no good without evil, sweet without sour, light without dark

Sat Today
    I think you missed my inquiry a bit, perhaps easy to do when you're speaking from a place of authority

Gassho,

Ippo

SatLAh
    Last edited by Ippo; 01-10-2022 at 02:53 AM.

What is Emptiness?

Quote Originally Posted by Ippo View Post
    I think you missed my inquiry a bit, perhaps easy to do when you're speaking from a place of authority

Gassho,

Ippo

SatLAh
    I thought we were saying the same thing! I did miss your inquiry in that case. I do apologize for sounding authoritative and I’ll try to do better.

Sat Today
    Last edited by Bion; 01-10-2022 at 07:30 AM.
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Quote Originally Posted by Bion View Post
    I thought we were saying the same thing! I did miss your inquiry in that case. I do apologize for sounding authoritative and I’ll try to do better.

Sat Today
    Hey Bion, many times I've done the same; I should have qualified that in my comment. I too, will try to be better . I often 'get in the way' of things (things as they are).

Chat soon my friend,

Gassho

Ippo

SatToday

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12