Thread: Does the Insight Timer group still exist?

Does the Insight Timer group still exist?

I can't find it at all in the app, is it still around? (I'm on iOS, process: magnifying glass top right, enter "treeleaf zendo" and view the results in the 'groups' tab..)

Hope everyone is having a restful Sunday.

Gassho
    ./sat+lah
    Neil

Yeah, still there. Can’t share link though .. It is called Treeleaf Zendo..

Sat Today
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Weird it doesn’t show up at all for me…

If someone has the time could you maybe add me as a friend with the below link, and then I may be able to find the group via that mechanism somehow.

Kindest regards
    ./sat+lah
    Neil

Edit: Ah, that link doesn't work. Moment...

Quote Originally Posted by houst0n View Post
    Weird it doesn’t show up at all for me…

If someone has the time could you maybe add me as a friend with the below link, and then I may be able to find the group via that mechanism somehow.

Kindest regards
    ./sat+lah
    Neil

Edit: Ah, that link doesn't work. Moment...
    Can’t get the link to take me to your profile.. Search for Jake Bion and add me.. I’ll send you the invitation!

Sat Today
    Bion
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Hmm, I can't find you either.. Thanks for the help! I have to go out and do family stuff now, so I'll try again later :}

Have an awesome Sunday.
    ./sat+lah
    -Neil

Hmm, I can't find you either.. Thanks for the help! I have to go out and do family stuff now, so I'll try again later :}

Have an awesome Sunday.
    ./sat+lah
    -Neil
    Just give me your Insight timer name / username
    Enjoy family time!

Sat Today
    Bion

The last time this happened to someone, he was not logged in - inside the Insight app, so he could not see the groups and find people.
    Don't know if that is still the case these days.
    Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

Have an awesome Sunday.
    ./sat+lah
    -Neil

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotei View Post
    The last time this happened to someone, he was not logged in - inside the Insight app, so he could not see the groups and find people.
    Don't know if that is still the case these days.
    Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.
    Nah.. I’m logged in and the group does not appear in searches. I thought it might be a general Insight app issue, but my own group does show up in searches. I got in touch with the team at Insight. But the Treeleaf group moderator or creator should check all the setting of the group.

SatToday lah
    Bion

Hi, I signed up with Apple ID so it's a bit tricky (since email address isn't shared in such a scenario) -- however it seems if you search "Neil Houston" I'm the only exactly matching result under 'people' (at least; "it works on my phone"(tm))..

So, if you can find me please feel free to add me. Much appreciated.

Gassho,
    ./sat+lah
    Neil

Hi, I signed up with Apple ID so it's a bit tricky (since email address isn't shared in such a scenario) -- however it seems if you search "Neil Houston" I'm the only exactly matching result under 'people' (at least; "it works on my phone"(tm))..

So, if you can find me please feel free to add me. Much appreciated.

Gassho,
    ./sat+lah
    Neil
    Done. See if you got my request!

Sat Today lah
    Bion

Sigh. Nope. >_< I'm giving up for today, I have an entire week of such technical fun ahead (I'm a developer -- Supreme thanks for taking the time to try though.

Who knows, maybe it'll arrive later.

Gassho,

./sat+lah :}

Edit: To make sure it's the right Neil Houston, my profile picture now has purple sunglasses and a very fetching, if unrealistically "not-grey" beard -- But apparently this is not an instant change so maybe you won't see it right away..
    Last edited by houst0n; 12-12-2021 at 08:27 PM.

Does the Insight Timer group still exist?

Just check your notifications up there where the bell is. Says I am pending:

Sat Today lah
    Last edited by Bion; 12-12-2021 at 08:41 PM.
    Bion

Not yet… https://imgur.com/a/WflGKnO

Maybe they’re having issues, I’ll leave it a while.

Thanks for your perseverance!

IT or not, I’ll be sitting anyway

Night night

./sat+lah
    Neil

Not yet… https://imgur.com/a/WflGKnO

Maybe they’re having issues, I’ll leave it a while.

Thanks for your perseverance!

IT or not, I’ll be sitting anyway

Night night

./sat+lah
    Neil
    Just search for me again, if I don’t show up under people, look at groups or teachers.. I’ll be there and send me a message or something Bion Jake

SatToday lah
    Bion

I had some trouble finding my groups, too. To get to them I go into my profile and they are at the bottom of the page. Hope that helps.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
    恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Onkai View Post
    I had some trouble finding my groups, too. To get to them I go into my profile and they are at the bottom of the page. Hope that helps.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/lah
    Neil is not a part of the group, and he can’t find it cause it doesn’t show up in searches. It doesn’t for me either, and I am a part of the group. It’s the old format that causes problems.

SatToday
    Bion

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    I have raised a case with Insight, see below. Tried to do it yesterday in response to this thread but they have now made an additional change to the catchpa security in the Apps Contact section..................and it does not work !! And breathe....................oops just spotted the typos but it gets the message across,

I'll let you know what I hear.

Sat

Hi Insight Support

I tried raising an issue via the app yesterday but the new and final security step won’t paste the copied text.
    Anyway, that is not the problem, though you may want to look at it.

The group that I belong to, Treeleaf Zendo, is no longer showing up in the group search after recent changes. The group is still active and many of us share our practices daily. But Sangha new members wishing to join the group on Insight are unable to do so, as the group does not show up on a search.

Can you please investigate and hopefully resolved.

Thank you in anticipation

Seishin/Toby

_/\_

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Quote Originally Posted by Seishin View Post
    I have raised a case with Insight, see below. Tried to do it yesterday in response to this thread but they have now made an additional change to the catchpa security in the Apps Contact section..................and it does not work !! And breathe....................oops just spotted the typos but it gets the message across,

I'll let you know what I hear.

Sat
    We’d already talked to them.. Thanks.
    The issue is that the group is old and they are making changes to the groups and circles features so some things don’t quite work. The Treeleaf group is an outdated format.

SatToday
    Bion

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Yes I am aware of the planned changes and suspected that could be the issue, along with all the other problems this year.
    Sorry must have missed your update in this thread about it being in old format or would not have bothered chasing up. My bad. We ?

Sat

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Quote Originally Posted by Seishin View Post
    Yes I am aware of the planned changes and suspected that could be the issue, along with all the other problems this year.
    Sorry must have missed your update in this thread about it being in old format or would not have bothered chasing up. My bad. We ?

Sat
    No, no! It’s good you did , though they won’t give any solution cause there’s none to give. Cross our fingers it actually does get solved in a couple of weeks
    I remember distinctly when I found the group I searched for it, so it’s definitely related to the new changes.

Sat Today
    Bion

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Hi all,

I just wanted to echo what I posted elsewhere on the forum this morning: we (Seimyo who started the group and myself) are in communication with Insight Timer. T hey are merging the older "groups" and the newer "circles" into a new kind of group. Since we are still the old style group, we are pretty much invisible right now until they convert us over. I have no idea how long this will take or what will be involved, but we are doing our best.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Thanks for all the help everyone, I had no idea it would be this complicated!

Hope you’re all doing well,

Gassho

./sat

Hope you’re all doing well,

Gassho

./sat
    The group of the gateless gate!

Sat Today
    Bion

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Hehe, well I for one am glad to learn there is an issue. I don't know how we would have known otherwise!!

Thank you for your help.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

i just searched for the group and was able to find it
    #sattoday
    Oh, yeah. If I didn't have inner peace, I'd go completely psycho on all you guys all the time.
    Carl Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by bayamo View Post
    i just searched for the group and was able to find it
    #sattoday
    Yes, it is all fixed now! Happy socializing!

Sat Today
    Bion