Thread: [Engaged] Help for Antai-ji

[Engaged] Help for Antai-ji

https://antaiji.org

I have been sending a few yen here and there when I can.

The monestary probabley needs no introduction here as the lineage is so closely related to Treeleaf but I would encourage anyone interested to check out their webpage lots of good resources and materials available.

I find their practice, simple way of life, hardwork, and no nonsense shikataza inspirarional.

Gassho,

Gregor
    STLAH

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Jukai '09 Dharma Name: Shinko 慎重(Prudent Calm)

I have been reading some of the entries in the Yearbooks by the monks, fascinating life and sharings. Thank you, I will help with what I can

Gassho, Tomás
    Sat

Quote Originally Posted by Tomás ESP View Post
    I have been reading some of the entries in the Yearbooks by the monks, fascinating life and sharings. Thank you, I will help with what I can

Gassho, Tomás
    Sat
    Yes those Journals are extremely interesting and eye opening.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregor View Post
    Yes those Journals are extremely interesting and eye opening.
    I am curious as to which journals you mean. Do you have a link?

Muho, a friend of Treeleaf, retired as Abbot this past year. I think that they had a rough time during Covid, because of travel restrictions which limited visitors even more.

They are famous for their VERY intense and long sitting, during session sometimes 50 minutes a sit, 15 hours a day. Kyonin visited there and sat a week's retreat two years ago, when visiting Treeleaf Japan.

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post

Muho, a friend of Treeleaf, retired as Abbot this past year. I think that they had a rough time during Covid, because of travel restrictions which limited visitors even more.

They are famous for their VERY intense and long sitting, during session sometimes 50 minutes a sit, 15 hours a day. Kyonin visited there and sat a week's retreat two years ago, when visiting Treeleaf Japan.

Gassho, J

STLah
    I assume it’s the blog section. It spans across various years.

SatToday lah
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

In addition to the Blog ( https://antaiji.org/en/category/blog/ ), there are also Yearbooks, where they asked visitors to leave a comment:
    https://antaiji.org/en/yearbooks/

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post

Gassho, J

STLah

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

The monestary probabley needs no introduction here as the lineage is so closely related to Treeleaf but I would encourage anyone interested to check out their webpage lots of good resources and materials available.

I find their practice, simple way of life, hardwork, and no nonsense shikataza inspirarional.

Gassho,

Gregor
    STLAH

Gassho2 meian stlh

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    My life is my temple and my practice.

Hi Gregor,

Like Jundo says, I was there a couple of years ago and I am a witness of how much they need any donation they can get. I also donate to them any time I can.

Indeed, their practice seems simple, but the amount of work those guys do is impressive.

Thank you for helping them.

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Sat/LAH

Gassho,

Gregor
    STLAH

Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Yes, from what I have seen and read they work incredibly hard.

Gassho,

Gregor

ST

It may have been discussed in the forums before, but I have not seen it... There is a documentary about life at Antaiji called Zen for Nothing that I just discovered on Apple movies. I have not yet watched it, but it looks interesting. And I will.

Gassho,
    然芸 Nengei
    Sat today. LAH.

Quote Originally Posted by Nengei View Post
    It may have been discussed in the forums before, but I have not seen it... There is a documentary about life at Antaiji called Zen for Nothing that I just discovered on Apple movies. I have not yet watched it, but it looks interesting. And I will.

Gassho,
    然芸 Nengei
    Sat today. LAH.
    This looks like something I would enjoy very much, thank you for sharing Nengei

Gassho, Tomás
    Sat&LaH

I really liked "Zen for Nothing"

Gassho
    Sat, lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.