Thread: This is enough: A dream

This is enough: A dream

I had a dream today in which I was buying some groceries and I couldn't keep focused on what I was doing, my mind wandering on the list of problems I carry around with me. A worker in the shop told me to take a seat for a moment, because I seemed upset. Suddenly I was in a kind of classroom with small kids. He made me sit down and listened to me. I started to tell him about all my problems and why my life sucked at the moment. I became more sad and upset. And out of the blue he gave me a small piece of paper and told me to write down what I thought was the answer to all of this. And what came up spontaneously was: This is enough.

I woke up and couldn't get out of bed for 5 minutes, digesting what this meant. I am aware that it is just a dream, but it was quite powerful. This basic trust in life, that this is already enough in a fundamental way. Almost like shikantaza applied to life itself. Just felt like sharing.

Gassho, Tomás
    Sat
    Sorry for going over 3 sentences.

ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thank you for sharing, Tomas.

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Lovely. Thank you for sharing that Tomas.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Thank you very much.

Gassho
    Gokai, Sat today.
    David Cravidão Lopes Pereira

I love this, truly. Thank you for sharing Tomas!

Gassho,
    Kelly/Jinmei
    sattoday/lah

Dreams are often the beginning of some of my best poetry, so can be poetry for the dream; try to understand my gift to you, a method for art's eternal words.
    Gassho
    sat/lah
    Last edited by Tai Shi; 11-25-2021 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Extending Gift
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

Appreciate you sharing this. The message of "this is enough" has come with many sense doors for me over my life. An excellent reminder! Mahalo!
    In Sincerity
    Shane

THIS is enough
    Thanks
    Sat/lah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    _/_
    Rich
    MUHYO
    無 (MU, Emptiness) and 氷 (HYO, Ice) ... Emptiness Ice ...

https://instagram.com/notmovingmind