Thread: Ryaku Fusatsu, Friday 19 November 2021

Ryaku Fusatsu, Friday 19 November 2021

Dear sangha

It is that time of the moon again when we gather together to re-affirm the precepts and consider our practice over the last month. The history of the ceremony is explained here: https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...tment-Ceremony

If you wish to join please ensure you have a copy of the ceremony (message me if you need one, including an offsite email address), and a small table with a bowl of water and leaf/small piece of foliage. You may also add flowers and/or a candle if you wish. I have made a slight change to the wording but it is not sufficient to require a new copy.

Here is the video to sit along with:

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday/lah-
    Last edited by Kokuu; 11-19-2021 at 08:43 PM.

I was scared we wouldn’t have it this month!!! yikes!

SatToday
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

I was scared we wouldn’t have it this month!!! yikes!
    We will have it, even if I have to do it from my bed propped up by cushions!

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday/lah-

Quote Originally Posted by Kokuu View Post
    We will have it, even if I have to do it from my bed propped up by cushions!

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday/lah-
    Sorry you’re unwell

SatToday
    Bion
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

I will be sitting in a dental chair during the ceremony, so I must renew my vows with the recording. Sorry to hear you are not feeling well, Kokuu.
    Gassho,
    Naiko
    st

I will be sitting in a dental chair during the ceremony, so I must renew my vows with the recording. Sorry to hear you are not feeling well
    We will think of you, Naiko. I hope it is just a routine check rather than anything which involves drills!

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday/lah-

Just a note: following the ceremony there will be a partial eclipse that wil last threeand a half hours (2;00-5:30am); something that only happens every 600 years (i.e. the extended eclipse last seencirca 1400 wil next happen in 2600; none of us will be here in our present form to see it then so maybe it's with staying up a little.

gassho, Shokai
    stlah
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Shokai View Post
    Just a note: following the ceremony there will be a partial eclipse that wil last threeand a half hours (2;00-5:30am); something that only happens every 600 years (i.e. the extended eclipse last seencirca 1400 wil next happen in 2600; none of us will be here in our present form to see it then so maybe it's with staying up a little.

gassho, Shokai
    stlah
    Ah, FANTASTIC! Thanks for the heads up!!!

SatToday
    Bion

Thanks for the heads up!!!

gassho, Shokai
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

That was very lovely.

Thank you Kokuu and everyone!

Deep bows

Life itself is the only teacher.
    一 Joko Beck

STLah
    安知 Anchi

Thank you for coming omom and everyone else.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattodaylah-

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattodaylah-
    Thank you for hosting us Kokuu!

SatToday
    Bion

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattodaylah-
    Thank you for a lovely ceremony, Kokuu!

Gassho,
    Koushi
    STLaH
    理道弘志 | Ridō Koushi

Please take this novice priest-in-training's words with a grain of salt.

I expressed commitment to performing this Ryaku, Fusatsu in the early fall, this is my first following of the entire ceramony. I know that despite my efforts to live, someday life, and one day, I shall leave earth. I commit in this body and mind to the three Jewls.
    gassho
    sat/lah
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

I expressed commitment to performing this Ryaku, Fusatsu in the early fall, this is my first following of the entire ceramony. I know that despite my efforts to live, someday life, and one day, I shall leave earth. I commit in this body and mind to the three Jewls.