Thread: Full circle, back to Shikantaza

Full circle, back to Shikantaza

Been practising almost for a year on my own, trying to find something "better". Chasing for a phantom of what I imagined to be true Buddhist practice, a way out of suffering. And yet I was running away from it, not trusting the Way. Came full circle and realized I just wanted to sit for the sake of sitting. It's great to be back

Gassho, Tomás
    Sat&LaH

Did you go somewhere?

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Welcome back, Tomás.
    Good to sit together in the SSR again.

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

We've never met but always been friends, for the Sangha are friends of all! Looking forward to seeing you around the Zendo!

Gassho
    Mark
    ST
    浪省 - RouSei - Wandering Introspection

Quote Originally Posted by Tomás Sard View Post
    Been practising almost for a year on my own, trying to find something "better". Chasing for a phantom of what I imagined to be true Buddhist practice, a way out of suffering. And yet I was running away from it, not trusting the Way. Came full circle and realized I just wanted to sit for the sake of sitting. It's great to be back

Gassho, Tomás
    Sat&LaH

Nice to see you back.

Gassho
    Sat
    "To sit for the sake of sitting"

No place to go, Jundo . Thanks Kotei, same! Nice to meet you Mark Nice to see you again Inshin

Gassho, Tomás
    Sat&LaH

In looking for one thing you found another.
    Welcome back.

Gassho, Shinshi
    SaT La)

hahaha that where did you go made me chuckle

Tomas - welcome back!!!

I think Jishin said he leaves all the time, if I'm remembering, but my mind left too

Gassho

Risho
    -stlah

Tomás:

Well done and well said. That was something my sensei spoke to me about at dokusan, today. To borrow a phrase from Master Rinzai -

"If you know fundamentally that there is nothing to seek you have settled your affairs."

Gassho,

-Jared
    (ST)

This is the history of my practice since I started three years ago. Again back to shikantaza and Treeleaf. Maybe this is the final one.

VictorV
    SitLAH

Me too Victor!
    It’s not that I practice something other than shikantaza but that I circle in and around the forums.
    But that circling is still part of being sangha …. Maybe
    Gassho
    Heisoku
    STLAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Heisoku 平 息
    Every day is a journey, and the journey itself is home. (Basho)