Thread: Posting Draft Auto-save Question

Posting Draft Auto-save Question

Does this forum save unfinished/unsent posts in a clipboard that an individual can retrieve if their internet connection is lost before saving/posting?

Bows

Seiko
    stlah
    Last edited by Jundo; 08-23-2021 at 03:43 AM.
    Gandō Seiko
    頑道清光
    (Stubborn Way of Pure Light)

My street name is 'Al'.

Any words I write here are merely the thoughts of an apprentice priest, just my opinions, that's all.

Sometimes, in the regular posting box or if one goes to "Go Advanced" when composing (lower right of posting), you will see a "restore auto-saved content" tab on the lower left of the box. It does not always work if the auto-save did not happen.

PS - Hope it is okay, but I will move this thread to the Tech FAQ in a bit.

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

If I'm writing a longer post, I will do so in a separate text editor (word, notepad, whatever), saving it frequently. Then when ready, copy/pasting it to the forum editor for publishing. Has saved me more than once!
    Thanks,
    Kaishin (開心, Open Heart)
    Please take this layman's words with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Sometimes, in the regular posting box or if one goes to "Go Advanced" when composing (lower right of posting), you will see a "restore auto-saved content" tab on the lower left of the box. It does not always work if the auto-save did not happen.

PS - Hope it is okay, but I will move this thread to the Tech FAQ in a bit.

Gassho, J

STLah
    Thank you
    Gandō Seiko
    頑道清光

My street name is 'Al'.

Any words I write here are merely the thoughts of an apprentice priest, just my opinions, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaishin View Post
    If I'm writing a longer post, I will do so in a separate text editor (word, notepad, whatever), saving it frequently. Then when ready, copy/pasting it to the forum editor for publishing. Has saved me more than once!
    Thank you
    Gandō Seiko
    頑道清光

My street name is 'Al'.

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaishin View Post
    I'm with Kaishin on this one. I maintain a text file called "Clippings" that I compose nearly everything in (not that I necessarily suggest quite that level of "belt and suspenders" approach, but being a technologist, I have a deep distrust of technology!).

Anyhow, as Jundo says, the "restore auto-saved content" often seems to work (particularly for longer posts), and I think might be something similar in Tapatalk too.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

In agreement with all advice here, and I "select all/copy" as I go when I don't feel like saving posts or messages (i get logged out when I write messages too).

I generally don't lose internet connection, but my thought processing usually takes me longer to write posts and messages, so the system logs me out and I have to start over again. So I "select all/copy" or "what everyone else said" and my tedious efforts to communicate here is not lost.

gassho, meian st lh
    My life is my temple and my practice.