Thread: Ryaku Fusatsu 21 August 2021

Ryaku Fusatsu 21 August 2021

Dear sangha

It is that time of the moon again, or shortly will be, when we gather together to re-affirm the precepts and consider our practice over the last month. The history of the ceremony is explained here: https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...tment-Ceremony

This month it will be on Saturday 21 August at 5pm UK time (6pm central Europe, 7pm Ukraine, 12pm East Coast, 9am West Coast and various other times in between).

If you wish to join please ensure you have a copy of the ceremony (message me if you need one, including an offsite email address), and a small table with a bowl of water and leaf/small piece of foliage. You may also add flowers and/or a candle if you wish.

The ceremony lasts around forty minutes and is a lovely way to come together with sangha and reaffirm our practice together.

All are welcome, there is no need to have previously taken the precepts.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday/lah-

Quote Originally Posted by Kokuu View Post
    Dear sangha

It is that time of the moon again, or shortly will be, when we gather together to re-affirm the precepts and consider our practice over the last month. The history of the ceremony is explained here: https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...tment-Ceremony

This month it will be on Saturday 21 August at 5pm UK time (6pm central Europe, 7pm Ukraine, 12pm East Coast, 9am West Coast and various other times in between).

If you wish to join please ensure you have a copy of the ceremony (message me if you need one, including an offsite email address), and a small table with a bowl of water and leaf/small piece of foliage. You may also add flowers and/or a candle if you wish.

The ceremony lasts around forty minutes and is a lovely way to come together with sangha and reaffirm our practice together.

All are welcome, there is no need to have previously taken the precepts.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday/lah-
    Oh yikes! Right around the corner! Be there in 2 days then..

SatToday
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Life itself is the only teacher.
    一 Joko Beck

STLah
    安知 Anchi

Barring any catastrophes, I will be there!

p.s. is this in the general Zoom meeting room? I didn't see it on the calendar listings so wasn't sure
    Thanks,
    Kaishin (開心, Open Heart)
    Please take this layman's words with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaishin View Post
    Barring any catastrophes, I will be there!

p.s. is this in the general Zoom meeting room? I didn't see it on the calendar listings so wasn't sure
    We’ll be in the Scheduled Sitting Room (SSR) Sekishi will be updating the calendar soon! See you there!

SatToday lah
    Bion
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaishin View Post
    We will be in the Scheduled Sitting Room. https://www.treeleaf.org/now/go.php?l=ssr

And the calendar has been fixed! Thank you Kaishin.

Deep bows
    Sekishi

#sat #lah
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bion View Post
    We’ll be in the Scheduled Sitting Room (SSR) Sekishi will be updating the calendar soon! See you there!
    Jinks!

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekishi View Post
    Jinks!

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    I was LITERALLY in the middle of taking a snapshot of our comments to send it to you when you posted this!! my brotheeeeeeer!!!

SatToday lah
    Bion

Thank you, Kokuu. I will try to catch up with this one

Gassho
    Washin
    stlah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

That was a miraculous ceremony.

Thank you Kokuu and everyone! !

Deep bows,
    Life itself is the only teacher.
    一 Joko Beck

STLah
    安知 Anchi

Thank you all. That was lovely. I am grateful to renew the Precepts with you.
    Gassho,
    Naiko
    st

Such a beautiful and encouraging ceremony! Such an important reminder, as well, that we should tirelessly and incessantly strive to fully embody our roles as boddhisatvas. What a privilege it is to serve all beings!

SatToday
    Bion

Quote Originally Posted by Naiko View Post
    Thank you all. That was lovely. I am grateful to renew the Precepts with you.
    Gassho,
    Naiko
    st

SatToday
    Bion

Thank you all for coming. It is wonderful to practice with you!

Thank you for sharing this practice with us, Kokuu!

-satToday
    Thanks,
    Kaishin (開心, Open Heart)
    Please take this layman's words with a grain of salt.