Thread: [Engaged] Beach Buddhists - Pensacola Beach cleanup

[Engaged] Beach Buddhists - Pensacola Beach cleanup

Gassho Treeleafers

Our family spends a lot of time on the beach and out in the ocean and as everyone knows there's so much garbage out there. I adopted a section of the Gulf of Mexico beach near my house and this morning picked up trash for the first time. In 1.5 hours i collected approx 19lb (8.6kg). It hurt my heart that there is still so much more on this stretch and I had to leave.

Do we have any Sangha members in Escambia or Santa Rosa County (Florida) that would like to join on the next cleanup? I've recruited one neighbor so far, for Friday, August 27, 8:45am on Pensacola Beach. I know it's probably a longshot, but I do know there are a few members in Florida, so if you're nearby and would like to join please reply here or PM me!

https://mycoast.org/beach-cleanup/re...=73340&o=73338

Sorry for going long.

Gassho
    Jd
    SAT/LAH

Or alternatively if you aren't near me, find a beach near you, a park, etc. and create/log your cleanup as well. From the mycoast.org link above your can create an account!

Gassho
    Jd

SAT/LAH

This is wonderful! I dont live along the coast, but I do take part in local cleanups of a river/park. Much metta to you and all who help clean up this planet!

Tony,
    Dharma name= 浄史

Received Jukai in January 2022

The miracle is not to walk on water. The miracle is to walk on the green earth in the present moment, to appreciate the peace and beauty that are available now. - Thích Nhất Hạnh

Thank you JD.

Doshin
    St

I am going to move this to our 'Engaged' section, with a link here, so we can keep it as an inspiration for the future. It sounds like a lovely and worthwhile project.

Clean the shore and move forward, yet also drop all thought of "pure or impure," and just be the ocean.

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Wonderful idea! I would have surely joined in on this if I still lived in Pensacola (moved in 2004). We did a cleanup at the lake here several years ago, accessing areas of the shoreline with our kayaks, and it was a great experience - one that I need to repeat soon.

Gassho
    Kendrick
    SAT