Thread: Zazen and Blood Clots

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Zazen and Blood Clots

Hello everyone.

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar situation as me.

About a week ago my leg started hurting and I thought I bruised a muscle or something at work. The pain began to become quite unbearable over the course of a week to the point I could hardly walk or sit Zazen.

I went to the doctor where they sent me for an ultrasound where it was discovered I have a blood clot in my leg. They think I developed it because of either family history or because every weekend I am on the road driving sitting in the same position for 7 hours to pick up my son from his mother and to drop him back off.

I have been put on meds for the blood clot and also pain killers for the pain. I have had blood panels done and they will look at the blood clot again soon to determine if another course of action will be needed such as the hospital. I usually refuse to take pain killers but I have to admit to myself that the pain had become unbearable to the point that I couldn’t eat or sleep. So I started taking them.

All this has made sitting Zazen very difficult. It has been a very long time since I have gone days without sitting Zazen or even missed one day. But due to the swelling of my leg, the overall pain and the pain killers making me feel dopey I have not been able to sit for several days.

I was wondering if anyone in our community has had a similar issue like this and any advice they may have. Did the blood clot in your leg affect the way you sat Zazen such as length or position? How long did it affect the length or position? Also any overall info you may have regarding blood clots in the leg and how long it took to recover and what your personal experiences and process to recovery may have been. The doctor has of course told me these things but I like to hear from others living their everyday lives with this.

I am sorry to run long but I thought I would post this since it is a major life event directly tied into sitting Zazen.

Thank you everyone!

Gassho
    Bobby
    SatTodayLAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kaiku; 07-22-2021 at 09:48 PM.
    Just Sit