Thread: May 28th-29th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai - LIVE from (a cheap flat in) VEGAS

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar

May 28th-29th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai - LIVE from (a cheap flat in) VEGAS

JUNDO - Please join me from (our budget apartment in) BEAUTIFUL LAS VEGAS, NEVADA ... SIN CITY!
    The internet connection is a little unstable, so if you loose me, THE INO IS IN CHARGE!

Dear All,

Please sit our Treeleaf Zazenkai for 90 minutes with Zazen, Heart Sutra and more:

10am Japan Saturday morning, NY 9pm, LA 6pm Friday night, London 2am and Paris 3am Saturday morning, or any time thereafter here:

However, "one way" live sitters are encouraged to come into the Zoom sitting, and just leave the camera and microphone turned off: Join live (with or without a camera & microphone) on Zoom at: TREELEAF Now OR at DIRECT ZOOM LINK, password (if needed): dogen

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 VERSE OF ATONEMENT & FOUR VOWS
    01:30 - 01:45(?) Informal Tea Time (All Welcome)

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLah

PS - There is no "wrong" or "right" in Zazen ... yet here is a little explanation of the "right" times to Bow (A Koan) ...

Chant Book is here for those who wish to join in: CHANT BOOK LINK

The other video I mention on Zendo decorum is this one, from our "Always Beginners" video Series:

Sit-a-Long with Jundo: Zazen for Beginners (12) - Basic Zendo Decorum At Home
    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...093#post189093

I also recommend a little Talk on why small rituals and procedures are so cherished in the Zendo:

SIT-A-LONG with Jundo: Small Things in the Zendo

https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...s-in-the-Zendo
    Last edited by Jundo; 05-28-2021 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Added youtube one-way.
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

See you all later!! Jundo, let’s hope that 5G in the first dose of the vaccine does its job and allows you to enjoy a stable connection tonight!

SatToday
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Thank you, Sekishi, Jakuden, Jundo, and everyone. It was a lovely zazenkai and talk, although I was pulled away to let a cat out of the rain and to give him food. Have a great weekend!

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
    恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Thank you everyone!! So good to sit with my Sangha. Apologies for the last minute scramble to set up, when Jundo showed up I figured I was off the hook

Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jakuden View Post
    Thank you everyone!! So good to sit with my Sangha. Apologies for the last minute scramble to set up, when Jundo showed up I figured I was off the hook

Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Always keep em surprised and on their toes!

It was a lovely sit, and so nice to have others do the driving today.

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thank you everyone. It's always a pleasure to practice with you all. We even had TWO Jakudens tonight. We are so lucky.

Gassho,
    Seikan

-stlah-
    聖簡 Seikan (Sacred Simplicity)

Lovely! Thank you all!

Gassho
    Life itself is the only teacher.
    一 Joko Beck

STLah
    安知 Anchi

Thank you everyone!
    Gassho, Nikolas
    Sat/Lah

Great sit!

Gassho

Bernie

Sat on demand, thank you sangha for the community.

Gassho,
    John
    Sat today

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone. I sat with you this morning

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Live from Vegas! That was great. Nice job Sekishi and Jakuden.

Loved the talk too.

Gassho,

Shinshi
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.
    E84I - JAJ

Thanks…like you Jundo I work to be home/centered where I am but the rocks and lizards feel more like home. Can’t shake it.

Be safe

Doshin
    St

This was a wonderful Zazenkai! Thank you Jakuden, Sekishi, Jundo, and everyone.

Gassho,

Ryan
    SatToday
    墨眼 | Bokugan | Sumi Ink Eye
    Ryan-S | zazenlibrarian.com

Thank you everyone!

Gassho,
    Kotei sat today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Sitting this one now.
    Gassho,
    Matt

Thank you, all! Nice job, Sekishi and Jakuden!

Gassho
    Kokuu

Sat this zazenkai yesterday morning. Thanks Sekishi, Jakuden, Jundo & all.

Gassho
    Shoki

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Finished this a few days ago but forgot to thank every one. Jundo's location made me think of Guns n Roses but I'll leave it there !

Sat

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Guess I'll have to view the recording. I was able to sit 2 hours with Retreat, I'll go a bit longer with the recording. Sitting becoming somewhat easier with consistent mornings at 8:30 to 9:00 Central Daylight. Perhaps we could involve a few more people at that time. We are 2 to 5 people willing to get up in the USA, and for me just preparation is what it takes. I'm up at 5 or 5:30 a.m. and ready by 8:30. Besides now I'm able to sit once in a while quit a bit longer for Zazenkai. This was me goal when I began almost 7 years ago: as a new person I worked very hard. Then I found out it's not in the hard work.
    Gassho
    sat
    Tai Shi
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆