Thread: Tonglen Practice Circle 23 May 2021

Tonglen Practice Circle 23 May 2021

Hello Bodhisattvas!

This Sunday, 23 May 2021, there will be another special guided Tonglen Practice Circle for anyone who wishes to do taking and sending practice for themselves and everyone affected by current world situations (coronavirus, natural events, political unrest to name just three) and the fear and anxiety that can go with them.

This event will occur in the Scheduled Sitting Room (SSR) at 8pm UK time (UST/GMT) and last for around 35 minutes.

We hope to see you all there. With Zoom there is plenty of space!

Deep bows,

Kokuu & Washin

I will work very hard today to make it, I am going to the first AA meeting I have been to in more than 18 month. Ways too long to miss meetings AA saved my life. Made it possible for our quality of life. Without AA I would not be alive. This is a beautiful miracle the most people miracle in my life. This alone makes it possible every day for me to live a happy and sober life one day at a time alone and with my AA friends who have stood by me throughout the Pandemic by providing comity support, and phone support. When I could not take care of myself, AA has been there for me. everything to be grateful for because on July 22, 1987 I made a responsible decision to quit drinking alone and by myself in my car when I was about to lose everything I needed to surrender myself to myself and quit drinking and I did not know what to do, so three days later I picked up my phone and then AA came to me with everything I became Today I could go back, but I carry my message to those who need it and I never ask why.
    Gassho
    sat: lah
    Tai Shi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

Do you mean a physical meeting, Tai Shi? So great if that is the case.

AA has been a wonderful support to many and only works because those in recovery keep attending and supporting those at the beginning of their journey, as you were back in 1987.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday/lah-

Tonglen Practice Circle 23 May 2021

Kokuu I missed Tonglen today. Knowing that I have stage 4 kidney failure, that my kidney disease has moved from stage 3 to stage 4. Me the cocky poet with pithy little remarks, and long history of 10!years of Buddhism, me. I’m faced with my own mortality and this seems serious, but it’s not? So stats are stable but anemia has caught up with me. So without going into detail, now I am stage 4. One foot closer to the earth. One foot closer to the flower garden where Marjorie and I will be.
    Gassho
    sat lah
    Tai Shi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Tai Shi; 05-24-2021 at 02:25 AM.
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆