Thread: ARTS: 10001 Buda project

ARTS: 10001 Buda project

Hello Treeleafers,

I don't know why I haven't presented this to you before, I did mention it, but didn't make a thread for it.

In July 2019, I've started the 10001 Buda project.

My goal is to draw and cut out by hand exactly 10001 Buda stickers. I would probably be better off writing sutras, but this serves a similar purpose.

I am sending these out for free to anyone willing to receive them and send me a photo of stickers in their cities. They can be applied in homes, gardens, your notebooks, or public places, wherever people feel some Buda power is needed

The idea is to make these stickers travel the world, to places I will probably never get a chance to visit. So far, stickers have made it to Germany, Italy, Croatia, Singapore, UK...

Please take a look at http://www.instagram.com/10001buda to get a glimpse of where Budas have been so far.

I am sending another batch of stickers by the end of May. If you would like to receive these, I would kindly ask of you to send me your address to 10001buda@gmail.com - please, do not leave it here or send it via PMs, since it's hard to organize all the shipments, I have a pretty good system out in the Gmail. Be sure to leave your Treeleaf name in Gmail as well. All I am asking for is for you to send me photos of stickers back once they're up.

The most commonly asked question is why the Buda's head resembles those from the movie Eggheads (people who didn't see the movie tend to compare it with a penis... probably tells a lot about my drawing skills) - basically, it's the same drawing style that I've started in 2019 with my now almost defunct web comic.

Thank you for your attention,

Sharan (SjeoDanas/SatToday)
    Last edited by Jundo; 05-08-2021 at 09:50 AM.

Lovely!

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Hi Sharan, beautiful!

We'd love the stickers to reach Ukraine as well. This would greatly complement the current project we run here.
    I will write a PM to you shortly. Thank you

Gassho,
    Washin
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

And to Addis Ababa. Email coming soon.

Gassho

Tōsei
    sat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    東西 - Tōsei - East West
    there is only what is, and it is all miraculous

Love this project, keep it up! Will follow your progress on IG

Gassho, Tomás
    Sat&LaH

Thank you all. I've received your e-mails.

I will e-mail you back once the stickers are on their merry way. Thank you for helping out.

Gassho,

Sharan
    (SjeoDanas/SatToday)

I sent you an e-mail too, if it doesn't get out this month no biggie. Whenever the next batch goes. Looking forward to hosting the Buddha.

Gassho,
    Jakuden
    SatToday

Greetings everyone,

Buda sticker packs have been sent your way. I would be more than happy to send some more, so make sure to follow instructions in my first post and request your own.

Sharan
    (SjeoDanas/SatToday)

Got mine today. Anyone else got theirs?

Gassho
    Heitou
    SatToday
    Heitou
    平桃

Quote Originally Posted by Heitou View Post
    Got mine today. Anyone else got theirs?

Gassho
    Heitou
    SatToday
    Meeee

Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jakuden, if you figure out how to make them stick let me know. Lol.

Gassho
    Heitou
    SatToday
    Heitou
    平桃

Ha, it is a hard one, Heitou, you are right I am using plain self-adhesive paper that is sometimes hard to separate. Yes, it is more difficult than your usual nylon stickers, but, when it starts peeling off, it gets easily washed away, doesn't leave stains and is ecologically sustainable in the way.

Hope everyone got theirs, and I will be eager to send some to anyone else. Can't wait to see photos!

Gassho,

Sharan
    SatToday/SjeoDanas

I love this idea, Sharan. What a wonderful way to allow the Buddha to sit in cities the world over. Although I suppose this already occurs, I would still like to help.

I have sent you the email as requested.

Gassho,
    William
    SatToday