Thread: Tonglen Practice Circle 2 May 2021

Tonglen Practice Circle 2 May 2021

Hello Bodhisattvas!

Sunday's practice to sit along with:

Gassho
    Kokuu & Washin
    Last edited by Kokuu; 05-03-2021 at 10:58 AM.

Extremely difficult time for me! Meeting people at restaurants is very difficult after being alone with only Marjorie and the occasional doctor. I will be there. All alone time to accept people again. We have our shots about 2 months ago! There is no reason to be afraid but I am!!! Zoom is not the same.
    Gassho
    sat/ lah
    Tai Shi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Tai Shi; 05-02-2021 at 05:11 PM.
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

I think it is going to be a hard adjustment for many people to make, Tai Shi. Although we trust that the vaccine will work, it is still difficult to break out of the isolation that has protected us for all of this time.

See you later!

Gassho
    Kokuu

Thank you Kokuu. We are actually becoming friends with a history. You sometimes know best for these old bones. Please look at the latest poem asking Marjorie to make a decision about my donation of my brain to the Harvard Brain Bank. Spoke with daughter she’s not too keen.
    Gassho
    sat/ lah
    Tai Shi

I will do that, Tai Shi. While I totally admire your decision to donate your brain to Harvard, I think it is something that needs to be discussed with close family.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday/lah-

Yes I agree with you. Close family will have the greatest impact. It’s possible such a great idea can look entirely different to others. I have had this request in since I was 58. That’s 11 years. However, now that I am getting older, others don’t see what I see. When the possibility seems real, the going forward might be more a reality, and doesn’t look the same to them. They will have majority rule.
    Gassho
    sat/ lah
    Tai Shi

Thank you Kokuu

Gassho
    Life itself is the only teacher.
    一 Joko Beck

STLah
    安知 Anchi

Thinking of you at this time, Tai Shi. Hang in there!
    The daylight saving times brings difficulty as the time differences are exaggerated and make it very difficult to come onboard for our sessions. I will however sit with the practice, at the old time - pre DS and be with you all in spirit.
    Gassho
    Max

Actually I had a 40 minutes surgery and biopsy today. Okay I am just fine. It’s a squamous cell carcinoma and easy. If one must have a cancer, this is one of the easiest. I will not have to go back unless problems arise. Highly unlikely. My wife and I went out for donuts to celebrate.
    Gassho
    sat briefly
    Tai Shi