Thread: Spotlight #3 - Donations Committee - Celebrating Treeleaf's 15th

Spotlight #3 - Donations Committee - Celebrating Treeleaf's 15th

In the 20th chapter of the Mahaprajnaparamita Sutra, we can read that there are three types of generosity, or dana. One of these types involves material generosity. Although Treeleaf does not solicit donations from its members, members’ financial contributions sustain the operation of our sangha.

All organizations have an obligation to manage donations wisely. This is especially true for an online sangha, where we cannot see events happening in a physical space. In 2014, Jundo created the Donation Oversight and Expenditure Committee. Composed of five members, the committee reviews contributions and approves expenditures. If three committee members object to an expenditure, then it is not carried out. Additionally, members can request additional information about the item in order to help them come to a decision.

Treeleaf releases an annual financial report to committee members, which is also made public to the sangha at large. Current committee members are: KellyRok, Byokan, Heiso, Jishin and Shujin. These members were nominated by their peers and hold positions of trust in their professional or personal lives.

Thank you to our committee members, who ensure that your generosity is applied responsibly!

Written by: Shujin

Gassho,
    Shoka
    (she/her)
    sat/lah

Gratitude for your service.
    Gassho,
    Naiko
    st

Thank you for your service to the Sangha

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Thank you for your service to the Sangha.
    Gassho
    Mateus
    Sat/LAH

Spotlight #3 - Donations Committee - Celebrating Treeleaf's 15th

I have increased my donation to Treeleah by a small amount and I believe if everyone would do so? Contribution would allow better business for our Zendo so may I suggest a $1.00 or $2.00 increase from those who give. And for the first time $1.00 or $2.00 from those who don’t give. This is a only a thought and by no means soliciting.
    Gassho
    sat/ lah
    Tai Shi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

Thank you to the Donation and Expenditure Oversight Committee as well as supporters of the community.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
    恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Thank you for your service to the sangha

Gassho,
    Seibu
    Sattoday/lah

Yes thank you Onkai I am happy to give and for your service.
    Gassho
    sat/ lah
    Tai Shi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆