Thread: 'The Zen Master's Dance' Universal Book Tour Comes to a Closeless Close

'The Zen Master's Dance' Universal Book Tour Comes to a Closeless Close

Dear All,

Over the past weeks and months I have been honored to visit with 42 Zen groups, in 40 towns and 8 countries across 4 continents, to chat about my book on "How To Dogen" ...

The Zen Master's Dance:
    A Guide to Understanding Dogen and Who You Are in the Universe

... published late last year by Wisdom Publications.

Now the tour draws to a close (although not really, as I am still open to invitations anywhere in the 10 Directions, should other Zen Sanghas be open to a visit and a talk about Diggen' Dogen). Fortunately-unfortunately, because of Covid, I never actually left Japan in order to make these 42 visits, with Zen folks from Australia to the UK, Hawaii to Ireland, California to Canada, all via ZOOM. Yes, we old Zen folks truly do possess the mystical power of teleportation anywhere in the world at the snap of a finger ... or click of a mouse, anyway.

Much like 'Hamilton' and 'Les Misérables,' which became films after their Broadway runs, you too can now catch "Jundo's Magical Mystery Road Show: The Zen Master's Dance, the Movie" ... right in the comfort of your own home, at the follow link:

Thanks again to all the wonderful people I have met along the way. Endless bows to Master Dogen no less.

Gassho, Jundo

Last edited by Jundo; 04-19-2021 at 04:29 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

That was a busy schedule.

You spread so much Dharma and had a very low carbon foot print!

Doshin
    St

Doshin
    St

Such a wonderful talk (and book). I've sent the link to friends who continue to ask, "Why Zen?"

Gassho
    Meishin
    STLah

Deep bows and deep gratitude to you Jundo for writing such an amazing book. This is the first time I have actually started to get - or better yet - “grok” Dogen. Thank you for this work. It has dramatically deepened my practice and helped me profoundly.
    Rob

Sat today & lent a hand
    “Be humble; you are made of dust. Be noble; you are made of stars”

This is great! I really don't know where you get the energy for everything you do, Jundo, but thank you as always.

-satToday
    Thanks,
    Kaishin (開心, Open Heart)
    Please take this layman's words with a grain of salt.

Diggin' Dogen - I love it Sounds like a very busy and wild ride; well done and congrats!

Gassho

risho
    -stlah

I am so proud to have you as my teacher... I always was, but bragging about the amazing book you wrote is cool.

Seriously, I echo what others have said. It's easy to remember a time not so long ago when I considered Dogen completely unapproachable. I even wondered whether I could continue on the Zen path when the writings of one of its most honored teachers seemed so impenetrable. Now Dogen is my music and poetry and honored ancestor.

Gassho,
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH