Thread: Spotlight - #1 Tech Team - Celebrating Treeleaf's 15th

Spotlight - #1 Tech Team - Celebrating Treeleaf's 15th

Considering that Treeleaf exists entirely online, you would think our Tech Team would be huge, with many people dividing all the technical chores of keeping us running smoothly.

But alas, our team is really just a trio who keep us plugging along!

Sekishi and Seimyo are the guys backstage keeping the lights on, water running, doors open and invaders at bay.

Seimyo joined Treeleaf in 2012, and quickly became integral to Treeleaf’s development. Seimyo lent his expertise in vBulletin to help Treeleaf move from PHPBB to our current platform, and he held up the zendo walls for several years. Including taking care of outages, hacks, updates and all the normal things that come along with software management. Not to mention he was always available to help members with technical concerns, or answer questions as to how to find something.

Sekishi joined Treeleaf in 2013, within a couple years Seimyo and Sekishi were working hand-in-hand keeping the Treeleaf forum rolling along. As Sekishi puts it, he found his brother from another mother in Seimyo.

The team has continued over the years to keep us up-to-date as best as possible. They moved us to a newer server in 2016, which required daily testing for weeks leading up to the move. Annually they close the forum during Rohatsu and then reopen it; which isn’t a small task since we want to leave one thread open for everyone to post in.

In 2017, Sekishi set out to develop what has become Treeleaf Now! A space which takes the guesswork out of finding where to join sits, the calendar and links to recent zazenkais.

You might not see them often posting in the front of house, but that’s only because they are down in the basement checking the plumbing, repairing the cracked walls and taking care of all the things that keep the forum running.

Another piece of the Treeleaf technical pie is our wonderful home page, the first gate you probably walked through when coming to Treeleaf. This website is maintained by Kyonin, who created the layout, takes care of redesigns, and updates the software. It was originally set-up in 2011 and has been the face of Treeleaf for the last decade. Kyonin also is responsible for the Treeleaf Logo which debuted in September of 2011.

Deep bows to these guys for keeping us humming along.

These guys really deserve a LOT of credit for what they do daily to keep us going. Many bows.

Gassho
    Sat, lah
    求道芸化 Kyūdō Geika
    I am just a priest-in-training, please do not take anything I say as a teaching.

Many gasshos to the techies behind Treeleaf. As someone who runs websites and forums, I know how much work there can be.

Gassho,

Ryūmon

sat
    流文

I know nothing.

Many, many thank you to the technical folks. As a software engineer myself, you often lurk in the shadows unless something breaks.

Gassho

Risho
    -stlah

Thank you so much for all of your effort

Gassho, Tomás
    Sat&LaH

I have so much gratitude for everyone in the tech team who keeps Treeleaf running.

On more occasions than I can count, I have desperately messaged Sekishi because my tiny computer skills have come up against a difficulty with Zoom, recording, finding files and more and he has always come up with the solution. He has also produced numerous documents to gently lead the less technically minded of us through the process of hosting online sessions such as Tonglen and Tea Houses.

More than most other sanghas, our technical team is woven into the fabric of the Zendo and keep the metaphorical roof on, not to mention fielding cyber-attacks and reacting to changes in various tech platforms and software.

64 Giga bows to everyone involved!

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday/lah-

Many thanks.

Doshin
    St

Thank you to our techies for keeping the lights on and the hackers at bay.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

64 Giga bows to everyone involved
    oh,my aching back

gassho, shokai
    stlah
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Three (thousand) cheers for our fearless tech team!

The effort that goes into maintaining a brick-and-mortar sangha is generally more visible, but I'm sure that the same amount of mostly "invisible" effort is required to maintain a virtual space like we are so blessed to have.

Gassho,
    Seikan

-stlah-
    聖簡 Seikan (Sacred Simplicity)

Thank you, Seimyo, Sekishi, and Kyonin, for the tech of Treeleaf. It's mind boggling how you do it. Deep bows.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
    恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Deep bows to you Seimyo, Sekishi, and Kyonin. I'm very grateful for all that you do.

Gassho,
    Eikyō

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Thank you SO much.

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Gassho
    Hoseki
    sattoday

Many bows and thanks to Seimyo, Sekishi, and Kyonin for building and maintaining our temple. And thank you, Shoka, for this history lesson and peek behind the curtain.
    Gassho,
    Naiko
    stlah

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    108 Bows to you guys, Thank you for your continued and past efforts in keeping the ship afloat.

Sat

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Sekishi and Seimyo, you are the wizards behind the curtains! Thank you so much for all you do here! Many bows and much love to you!

Gassho,
    Kelly/Jinmei
    sat/lah

_()_ _()_ _()_

gassho
    ds sat and lah
    Visiting unsui: use salt

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Deep bows to all. I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve our wonderful Sangha. Giver, receiver, and gift.

Deep bows to all,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Naiko View Post
    Many bows and thanks to Seimyo, Sekishi, and Kyonin for building and maintaining our temple.
    There is a tradition of temple "Nio" - guardians of Buddhist temples. They are generally represented as fierce and stronk.

Anyhow, a while back, after some ne'er-do-well shenanigans (I do not remember what exactly they were up to at this point), Jundo made the following and sent it so me.

sekishi-nio.jpg

Reading about Nio: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nio

Deep bows to all,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah #noabs
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

hahahah that's excellent

Many thanks Tech team. One thing my IT education gave me is a healthy respect for folks who can keep us up and running.

Deep Gassho
    Kaisho

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sekishi View Post
    There is a tradition of temple "Nio" - guardians of Buddhist temples. They are generally represented as fierce and stronk.

Anyhow, a while back, after some ne'er-do-well shenanigans (I do not remember what exactly they were up to at this point), Jundo made the following and sent it so me.

sekishi-nio.jpg

Reading about Nio: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nio

Deep bows to all,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah #noabs
    Hahaha, that's fantastic!! (Also happy to learn about Nio.)
    Gassho,
    Naiko
    stlah

Thank you so much guys, what you do is invaluable!

Gassho,

Heiso
    StLah

Thank you Sekishi and Seimyo, the world is a better place because of you.

Gassho,
    Tom

SatLah
    “Do what’s hard to do when it is the right thing to do.”- Robert Sopalsky

合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

You are truly Nio Sekishi, and I am privileged to have known you over several years, and call you friend, hopefully to get to know Seimyo. Thank you both.
    Gassho
    sat/ lah
    Tai Shi
    Last edited by Tai Shi; 04-22-2021 at 02:04 PM. Reason: spelling
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

Thank you dear techies!

Gassho

sat/lah

Roland

Deep bows to our tech wizards. Thanks for all the magic you do

Gassho,
    Washin
    stlah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Deep bows to Sekishi, Seimyo, and Kyonin for doing all this work. Your ongoing dedication allow me to practice and engage with others around the world.

Gassho,
    Seibu
    Sattoday/lah

Thanks a lot for keeping the place running

Gassho
    Souchi

SatToday

Thank you to the team in the engineering room.

Gassho,
    Kevin
    ST