Thread: Treeleaf’s 15 Year Anniversary and Celebration!

Treeleaf’s 15 Year Anniversary and Celebration!

On April 4th, 2006 Jundo officially started Treeleaf’s forum becoming the first registered user. It took a few months for the place to get rolling, but those first steps are what made Treeleaf what it is today. The ideal was bouncing around for a couple years beforehand, Treeleaf.org was first registered on December 14th, 2003. But a few years ago we decided to celebrate based on Jundo’s join date (or thereabouts). Which means 2021 marks 15 years!

For the next 45(ish) days we will be celebrating Treeleaf’s 15 years. Each day there will be a celebration post which either showcases a “Greatest Hit”, a spotlight on those who keep this place running or encourages our practice beyond ourselves.

To cap off the celebration we will be holding an Anniversary Retreat the weekend of May 29th. Details regarding the exact schedule will be announced in a couple weeks.

But mark you calendars and join us to celebrate the best way we know through practice.

Gassho,
    Shoka

Jundo “online’ was a pioneer of what has become abundant this past year.

Thank you Jundo for demonstrating how the Dharma could be brought to so many.

Doshin
    St

Quote Originally Posted by Doshin View Post

Doshin
    St
    This says it all. Thank you.
    Gassho,
    Naiko
    st

Thank you for sharing this space everyone.

And thank you Jundo for being a great teacher.

Gassho,
    Adam

Sat today

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Doshin
    St
    Well said! Thank you, Jundo. So happy to have found such a wonderful place

Gassho,

Ryan
    SatToday
    墨眼 | Bokugan | Sumi Ink Eye
    Ryan-S | zazenlibrarian.com

Treeleaf’s 15 Year Anniversary and Celebration!

A place of respite and work then, a place of respite and work now. Maybe even more important now. Let’s celebrate our first member, and our most recent.

Gassho.

Tōsei (although now heading south and just a little west)

Sat
    Last edited by Tosei; 04-14-2021 at 05:59 AM.
    東西 - Tōsei - East West
    there is only what is, and it is all miraculous

This is awesome! Jundo was ahead of his time

gassho

risho

Thank you very much, Jundo.
    You changed our lives forever.
    Gassho,
    Mateus
    Sat/LAH

Treeleaf is my spiritual home for two years now, so this place and ALL of you guys are really spcecial to me. Thank you Jundo, and thank you everyone!
    Gassho, Nikolas
    Sat/Lah
    Last edited by Kiri; 04-14-2021 at 06:15 AM.
    希 rare
    理 principle
    (Nikolas)

Without this space, all of you and Jundo's encouragement my practice wouldn't happen.

Deep bows.
    Gassho.
    Sat

15 years. That is more than half of my age. I bow to Jundo's innovative spirit, determination and kindness. I bow to the Sangha that makes all of this possible.

Gassho, Tomás
    Sat&LaH

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Thank you, if it was not for Treeleaf and its global accessibility, I would not be practising.

Sat

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Without question the TreeLeaf Sangha is an important part of my practice. Thank you and congratulations to Jundo for the vision to create TreeLeaf and to all the members who make this place special.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah

Thank you all, members and of course Jundo, for being this very important part of the sangha i twice a day go to for refuge..
    nine bows all of you!

aprapti

sat with Bion

hobo kore dojo / 歩歩是道場 / step, step, there is my place of practice

Aprāpti (अप्राप्ति) non-attainment

As the oldest active Treeleaf member - other than Don Jundo - I'm quite amazed at how much time has passed.

Though, to be fair, the forum really started in 2007; if you look at the member list, there were only two members in 2006, and then membership started in late March and early April 2007. And growth was really slow back then.

This post from April 11, 2007 seems to be the introduction from Jundo to the forum.

https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...d-Apologies%29

Jundo said at the time:

Also, remember that life does not always go the way we may wish, but we always go the way life goes.
    It's worth pointing out that when I look at my posts from my profile, I don't see anything prior to September 2014. Have older posts been lost, or are they not visible from member's profiles?

UPDATE: It looks like they're just not visible from members profiles; I found this looking in the archive of older threads:

https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...nk-sand-design

Gassho,

Ryūmon

sat
    Last edited by Ryumon; 04-14-2021 at 01:11 PM.
    流文

I know nothing.

Ryumon...I looked at your profile photo from 2007 and the one from today and you have not aged a day. I want your secret

Doshin
    St

I'm very glad I found Treeleaf. Thank you Jundo, the priests, everyone behind the scenes, and the many engaged members of the sangha who keep the fire going.

Gassho,
    Kevin
    ST

Ryumon...I looked at your profile photo from 2007 and the one from today and you have not aged a day. I want your secret

Doshin
    St
    It's actually a photo I took in 2013; once you change the photo, it shows on all posts, no matter how old. Same with the name: old posts don't show my original forum name, kirkmc.

Gassho,

Ryūmon

sat
    流文

I know nothing.

Ryumon, I feel as the long-timiest member I feel it is your duty to post bread recipes hahaha

gassho

rish
    -stlah

Ryumon, I know. My attempt at humor

Doshin
    St

Thank you. Jundo!

That's great! Thank you Jundo, thank you to all people that keep this place running smoothly!
    Let's celebrate!

Gassho,
    Mags ST