Thread: Forum Restoration

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar

Forum Restoration

Hi everyone,

There was a database issue this morning that lead to a loss of some member accounts. We noticed it initially for older accounts, but it may have impacted other accounts as well.

Out of an abundance of caution, I made the decision to simply restore the entire forum from our last automated daily backup. This means that all threads, replies, and PMs sent between approximately 8:30am EDT and 3:30pm EDT today have been lost.

Before restoring from backup, I did snag a copy of all the threads under "New Posts" updated after midnight last night (just doing a simple "File > Save" of the thread in my browser). So if you posted a long or difficult reply and you do not want to re-type it, please send me a PM and I'll send you a copy!

My apologies for the disruption.

Deep bows,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    Last edited by Sekishi; 04-12-2021 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Emphasize the things...
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

That must be why I couldn't log in for a while. I have one of the oldest accounts on the forum.

Thank you for saving me.

Gassho,

Ryūmon

sat
    流文

I know nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryumon View Post
    That must be why I couldn't log in for a while. I have one of the oldest accounts on the forum.

Thank you for saving me.
    You were our "canary in the coalmine" Kirk! The loss of your account is what tipped us off that something was wrong.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah

!!!

Gassho,

Ryūmon

sat
    流文

I know nothing.

I describe Sekishi this way: Always taking care of care of wounded animals, stray kids, aged family and our forum. ��

That pretty much sums him up!

There is also another fellow to thank, behind the scenes, down in the engine room: Seimyo. He does not stick his head up on deck very often, but he is down in the boilers, and is the fellow that Sekishi turns too when HE has got a question!

Gassho, Jundo

STLah
    Last edited by Jundo; 04-12-2021 at 08:57 PM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Wow, great work Sekishi, Grand Wizard Guru of All Things Technical. And Shoka too! Thanks for saving us (again)!

Zen koan:
    The nun Byokan went to Master Sekishi and asked, "Where did my words go when the morning wind carried them away?"
    Sekishi replied, "I have restored your words as they were, and Ryumons face as well!"
    Byokan answered, "ah, but are they still my words? Is it really Ryumons face?"
    Sekishi said, "look, donuts!" and rang the big bell.

Gassho
    Byokan
    sat + lah
    展道 渺寛 Tendō Byōkan
    Please take my words with a big grain of salt. I know nothing. Wisdom is only found in our whole-hearted practice together.

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    There is also another fellow to thank, behind the scenes, down in the engine room: Seimyo. He does not stick his head up on deck very often, but he is down in the boilers, and is the fellow that Sekishi turns too when HE has got a question!
    Yes. He is the true GOAT when it comes to vBulletin. When I'm in over my head he throws me a lifejacket!

Deep bows,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah

Quote Originally Posted by Byokan View Post
    And they were true painted rice cakes. I mean donuts.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah

Wow, great work Sekishi, Grand Wizard Guru of All Things Technical. And Shoka too! Thanks for saving us (again)!

Zen koan:
    The nun Byokan went to Master Sekishi and asked, "Where did my words go when the morning wind carried them away?"
    Sekishi replied, "I have restored your words as they were, and Ryumons face as well!"

Gassho
    Byokan
    sat + lah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Zen koan:

aprapti

hobo kore dojo / 歩歩是道場 / step, step, there is my place of practice

Aprāpti (अप्राप्ति) non-attainment

Zen koan:

Gassho
    Byokan
    sat + lah
    理道弘志 | Ridō Koushi

Please take this novice priest-in-training's words with a grain of salt.

And Shoka too! Thanks for saving us (again)!
    Yes.

Deep bows to all.

Sekishi
    #sat #lah

Thank you all!

gassho

rish

Thank you all!

Gassho, Jim
    ST/LaH

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    No matter how much zazen we do, poor people do not become wealthy, and poverty does not become something easy to endure.
    Kōshō Uchiyama, Opening the Hand of Thought

Thanks to Shoka too, who was running around behind the scenes chasing the escaped chickens of missing posts.

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thank you techies, well done

gassho, Shokai
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Metta to all those who work in the realm of IT and its associated practices and especially Sekishi. After 38 years on the front line dealing with this kind of thing day in day out (mainly organising others to sort the mess out I should add, for around the last 25 of those years) my admiration goes out to those who analyse, diagnose and fix.

IT - The Ultimate Impermanence.

sat

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

I admire anyone who can wrangle vBulletin. I had some experience with it for a few years, and it was full of samsara.

Gassho,

Ryūmon

sat
    流文

I know nothing.

Dear Sekishi, old friend. I made my spell checker understand a few names in Japanese as my first correction of my dictionary. Yours was one of those names, and for me those posts are better gone. You are still my friend, and I learned so much about Buddhism, Zen, and our Sangha at our meetings when I first came into this Sangha. I also learned about Star Trek. lol.
    Gassho
    sat/ lah
    Tai Shi
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆

Quote Originally Posted by Ryumon View Post
    I admire anyone who can wrangle vBulletin. I had some experience with it for a few years, and it was full of samsara.

Gassho,

Ryūmon

sat
    Indeed! Any forum platform is a hellish labyrinth, but Sekishi is really a tech bodhisattva!

Thanks, Sekishi!

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Sat/LAH
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍