Thread: ARTS: 2021 March Painting & Drawing Theme: STILLNESS

ARTS: 2021 March Painting & Drawing Theme: STILLNESS

Moments away from the Ides of March... et tu, Nengei? I am woefully behind. Here is our painting and drawing theme for the month of March: STILLNESS.

Open yourself to the stillness around and within you. Find the creative power that comes from stillness, and make some art! Your drawing(s) or painting(s) might take you days, or moments. Post your work here for us to enjoy and contemplate. This is a safe zone for displaying your art regardless of your skill level.

As a reminder, comments should only be supportive. Please refrain from critiquing or offering unrequested instruction or advice.

Gassho
    Nengei
    Sat today. LAH.

161713505117720210319_110916.jpg i never got around to finishing this, but this is a mountain range called bishop's peak near where i live. I thought mountains are a good representation of stillness.

Gassho, John
    ST/LAH

Perfect in its incompleteness, John. The trail reminds me of the Great Wall as it floats along the ridges in the Jundu mountains.
    DSCN6233.jpeg

I am not sure that I can say I have been lazy this month, but I have been working on some more complex paintings and have nothing new finished to match the theme (which I chose). March got away from me.

However, I would like to draw attention to the great work of Japanese artist Kenji Hoshi, whose work seems very simple, and still. If you happen to visit our esteemed teacher and mother ship in Tsukuba, the University of Tsukuba apparently has a collection of Kenji-san's work.

Enjoy the paintings of Kenji Hoshi.

Gassho,
    Nengei
    Sat today. LAH.

Gassho, John
    ST/LAH
    Last edited by GrasshopperMan17; 04-01-2021 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nengei View Post
    I am not sure that I can say I have been lazy this month, but I have been working on some more complex paintings and have nothing new finished to match the theme (which I chose). March got away from me.

However, I would like to draw attention to the great work of Japanese artist Kenji Hoshi, whose work seems very simple, and still. If you happen to visit our esteemed teacher and mother ship in Tsukuba, the University of Tsukuba apparently has a collection of Kenji-san's work.

Enjoy the paintings of Kenji Hoshi.

Gassho,
    Nengei
    Sat today. LAH.
    I will try to check them out! I have probably seen them but not realized.

Gassho, J
    STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE