Thread: just FYI -- can no longer access TL Insight group

just FYI -- can no longer access TL Insight group

This isn't necessarily a question, so much as a heads-up?

For a few weeks now, it's become increasingly difficult for me to access Treeleaf group on Insight Timer to post my "sat today."

Sometimes the group comes up blank. Other times the main shell will come up, but just says "Loading....." for posts but never drops down.

Sometimes the Insight Timer gods have had their good coffee and it magically opens without a fuss. (Rarely.)

I used to have more time to wait for Insight to do its dance on this .... but for the time being, I don't.

So perhaps this is a "general notice" that yes, I am still using FSR (regularly now), and still using Insight Timer (the timer itself) -- but have given up (for now) on the Treeleaf Insight group for lack of access (not Treeleaf's fault), for what may be Insight's growing pains (or an Android compatibility issue -- don't have time to research this either).

TL;DR -- I'm not being rude by not posting "sat, thanks for sitting with me in FSR -----", I'm just locked out.

Sorry for running long.

gassho, meian st lh
    迷安 - Mei An - Wandering At Rest
    I have lived and practiced with chronic illness for several years. I also look after my family with various health issues, and help a bit at Treeleaf. All of life is my practice.

Uninstall - reinstall is your friend here!

SatToday ( with Meian, actually )
    Bion
    美音

-------------------------
    Join me on Insight Timer
    Help me feed those in need by joining my Share The Meal team HERE

Thank you Bion - I have a bad feeling this is a lurking bug for all of us now. hahahahah

Gassho

Risho
    -stlah

Quote Originally Posted by Risho View Post
    Thank you Bion - I have a bad feeling this is a lurking bug for all of us now. hahahahah

Gassho

Risho
    -stlah
    Technology is bound to fail at some point Like I always say: “it’s all fixable”

SatToday
    Bion
    美音

Join me on Insight Timer

I haven’t been able to access TreeLeaf via IT for a while now (many months). I log in ok but when I try to go to the group I am told that page doesn’t exist. Same thing happens when I go to see my list of friends. I suspect that something is fundamentally messed up with my IT account. I’ve tried restarting, reinstalling, resetting and reregistering. Nothing works. I think short of contacting IT tech support this is what it is. I’ve decided to just let it be.

I can still use IT as my actual timer and it is happily keeping track of my sittings.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah

I must be one of the few folks that strictly uses IT as just a timer app. I have yet to explore any of the "social" features of the app/community. Perhaps I'm missing out? Perhaps not...

Gassho,
    Seikan

-stlah-
    聖簡 Seikan (Sacred Simplicity)

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    IT has been very flakey over the last year or so, some pretty poor qa before new releases. Other sitters not seen but you know they are sitting was a prime example. But not had any issues with the TL group access and have been adding a daily comment and thanking folks for 1600+ days now. I would go with uninstal reinstal as a safe bet. Had 38 yrs of this in working in IT Ops and having to do the spade work to back out so many bad software releases over that time. Still doing it now but at least its just on my personal phone, tablet, pc or laptop.

Sat

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Can anyone give me advice please? Is the general feeling that the Insight Timer is best left alone, or is anyone using it successfully? As a newcomer to that app, how do I find the Treeleaf bits?

Thank you
    In Gassho
    Seiko
    stlah
    清 Sei (Pure)
    光 Ko (Light)

Al Garrod, Lincoln, UK.

Chanting & Zazen Circle.
    All welcome.
    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...g-Zazen-Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko View Post
    Can anyone give me advice please? Is the general feeling that the Insight Timer is best left alone, or is anyone using it successfully? As a newcomer to that app, how do I find the Treeleaf bits?

Thank you
    In Gassho
    Seiko
    stlah
    It works great as a timer and the group function is alright to pop in, say hi and all that. Just click on your profile, go to the groups tab and search for Treeleaf Zendo, then join there. Send me a private message if you have problems with it!

SatToday lah
    Bion
    美音

Join me on Insight Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Bion View Post
    It works great as a timer and the group function is alright to pop in, say hi and all that. Just click on your profile, go to the groups tab and search for Treeleaf Zendo, then join there. Send me a private message if you have problems with it!

SatToday lah
    Thank you
    In Gassho
    Seiko
    stlah
    清 Sei (Pure)
    光 Ko (Light)

Al Garrod, Lincoln, UK.

Chanting & Zazen Circle.
    All welcome.
    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...g-Zazen-Circle