Thread: Fukanzazenji

Fukanzazenji

Hello,
    Please can someone post a link to the English translation of Fukanzazenji that is used in Treeleaf?
    Thank you

In Gassho
    Seiko
    stlah
    Gandō Seiko
    頑道清光
    (Stubborn Way of Pure Light)

My street name is 'Al'.

Any words I write here are merely the thoughts of an apprentice priest, just my opinions, that's all.

Seiko you may already know this, but check out Jundo’s book: The Zen Master’s Dance; it’s hands down my favorite explanation of it ( I’m not pandering lol; after several read throughs it’s really good), which also contains his translation. Other than that I’m not sure if there is an official Treeleaf one other than the one found in Shobogenzo ( eg Nishijima/Cross translation) that is a question for Jundo and The Priests

gassho

risho
    -stlah

Quote Originally Posted by Risho View Post
    Seiko you may already know this, but check out Jundo’s book: The Zen Master’s Dance; it’s hands down my favorite explanation of it ( I’m not pandering lol; after several read throughs it’s really good), which also contains his translation. Other than that I’m not sure if there is an official Treeleaf one other than the one found in Shobogenzo ( eg Nishijima/Cross translation) that is a question for Jundo and The Priests

gassho

risho
    -stlah
    Thank you Risho,
    I do have Jundo's book, but have not begun reading it yet.

In Gassho
    Seiko
    stlah
    Gandō Seiko
    頑道清光

My street name is 'Al'.

Any words I write here are merely the thoughts of an apprentice priest, just my opinions, that's all.

Hello,

there is a version included in our Rohatsu Retreat Chantbook on page 23-25: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UWo..._d2kBSQKi/view

and Jundo is reciting it in the last unit of the Retreat starting at around minute 35 here:

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotei View Post
    Hello,

there is a version included in our Rohatsu Retreat Chantbook on page 23-25: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UWo..._d2kBSQKi/view

and Jundo is reciting it in the last unit of the Retreat starting at around minute 35 here:

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.
    Thank you Kotei,
    I knew Jundo read it during Rohatsu, but sometimes it becomes difficult for me to find things in the forums, due to my eyesight.

I also want to thank you for a gentle comment that you made to me some time ago - about my sewing of the Rakusu. It was about thread tension. You kindly did not ask me to undo and re-sew my work, but I thought a lot about your words, and decided to begin again. My concentration and mindfulness was stronger the second time and the sewing became more even - as did my mental state. I am very grateful for this teaching. Thank you.

One day I will add to my Rakusu blog and share with you.

In Gassho
    Seiko
    stlah
    Last edited by Seiko; 02-17-2021 at 09:27 AM.
    Gandō Seiko
    頑道清光

My street name is 'Al'.

Thank you Seiko

When sewing, I often think that the Rakusu or Kesa is sewing myself as much as the other way round.
    In life and sewing, perfection can only be experienced when trying ones best and accepting the outcome as it is.

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.
    Last edited by Kotei; 02-17-2021 at 12:10 PM. Reason: typo

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.