Thread: Heart Sutra - A Treeleaf Podcast Series

Heart Sutra - A Treeleaf Podcast Series

We will be reflecting on the Heart Sutra each month, in a Talk during our monthly Treeleaf Zazenkai. Each Talk will also be available here, as part of the Treeleaf Podcast.

I - FEBRUARY 2021 ZAZENKAI TALK (THE ‘MISSING’ HEART SUTRA)

Our Talk this week will look at the mysterious 'missing parts' of the Heart Sutra (Hannya Shingyo 般若心経), as the first in a series of monthly reflections on ... the Heart Sutra!

The Tibetan version of the Heart Sutra contains the following verses that we do not usually chant. Why? And what do they mean?

You can read the "mysterious missing verses" here: https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...l=1#post280431
    PODCAST LINK on PODBEAN: https://treeleaf.podbean.com/e/febru...g-heart-sutra/

The second talk of our recent 6-Part series on the Heart Sutra is now available as an episode of the Treeleaf Podcast, free to listen or download, freeing too ...

II - MARCH 2021 ZAZENKAI TALK (THE HEART SUTRA - Part II)

We will continue our series of reflections on the Heart Sutra (Hannya Shingyo).
    https://treeleaf.podbean.com/e/march...g-heart-sutra/

(And thank you to Bion, who is helping to edit and put together these episodes with Sekishi)

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLah

Last edited by Jundo; 10-17-2021 at 01:42 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Thank you

Doshin
    St

Gassho,
    Washin
    stlah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Thank you for this. Looking forward to the series.

Gassho,
    Neika

ST/LAH
    Neika / Ian Adams

寧 Nei - Peaceful/Courteous
    火 Ka - Fire

Look for Buddha outside your own mind, and Buddha becomes the devil. --Dogen

thank you!

gassho

risho
    -stlah

Thank you. This looks good!

Gassho
    ST-lah
    Shoki

I'm so excited for this series! I wanted to delve further into the Heart Sutra this year anyway, so this is perfect (and much better than just reading more books!).

Thank you Jundo!

Gassho,
    Seikan

-stlah-

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
    聖簡 Seikan (Sacred Simplicity)

Thank you! Very excited to hear this series!

Gassho, Jim
    ST/Lah

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    No matter how much zazen we do, poor people do not become wealthy, and poverty does not become something easy to endure.
    Kōshō Uchiyama, Opening the Hand of Thought

I just began reading Red Pines translation of the Heart Sutra, so this has come at a most opportune time! Having just finished reading Hoofprint of the Ox, the insights it planted in me reveal themselves every sit. I'm very excited to follow this serie.

Gassho
    Mark
    ST/LAH

Hold the phone!!!! Revenge?! Revenge of the Jedi?!!! Only a Sith would take Revenge!; although that was originally considered as a name of the movie.

seriously, excellent talk; thank you

gassho

risho
    -stlah

Gassho
    Kyōsen
    Sat|LAH
    橋川
    kyō (bridge) | sen (river)

This is wonderful. Thank you.

Gassho.

Satlah
    東西 - Tōsei - East West
    there is only what is, and it is all miraculous

The second talk of our recent 6-Part series on the Heart Sutra is now available as an episode of the Treeleaf Podcast, free to listen or download, freeing too ...

II - MARCH 2021 ZAZENKAI TALK (THE HEART SUTRA - Part II)

We will continue our series of reflections on the Heart Sutra (Hannya Shingyo).
    https://treeleaf.podbean.com/e/march...g-heart-sutra/

Gassho, Jundo

(And thank you to Bion, who is helping to edit and put together these episodes with Sekishi)

STLah
    Last edited by Jundo; 10-15-2021 at 06:59 AM.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Life itself is the only teacher.
    一 Joko Beck

STLah
    安知 Anchi

Now I know, the music after which I grasp, my ear to see, my eye to hear, my mouth to feel, my hand to taste, what will come of only smell to tink isn't this enough? What more to give except in pain, and fear. Perhaps from now releas my bond, I've worked enough.
    Gassho
    sat/lah
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆