Thread: ARTS.-Jazz Chick Corea

ARTS.-Jazz Chick Corea

R. I. P. Chick Corea.

I don't play anything myself, but thought we might share some good jazz here. For me no other music is more "Zen".
    Gassho
    Sat
    Last edited by Jundo; 02-12-2021 at 04:30 PM.

I saw him play once back in the late 80’s at the Montreal Jazz Festival with his Electrik [sic] Band. Amazing musician.

Metta for his family and fans

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

I don't play anything myself, but thought we might share some good jazz here. For me no other music is more "Zen"
    Interestingly, one of the most popular albums relating to Zen is by jazz musician Tony Scott - his 1964 record Music for Zen Meditation. I like it very much, although would obviously not actually listen while sitting.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday-

RIP, Chick Corea. I listened to his albums all the time when I was a teenager. And I remember hearing him play with Gary Burton on xylophone at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center.

Gassho,
    Jim
    Stlah

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JimInBC; 02-12-2021 at 03:36 PM.
    No matter how much zazen we do, poor people do not become wealthy, and poverty does not become something easy to endure.
    Kōshō Uchiyama, Opening the Hand of Thought

RIP to a true master. Late to the party, just discovered this part of the forum. I was fortunate to catch Chick and a small club in L.A. around 10 years ago, sat just a few feet away. Joining him that night was a Spanish bassist who played with Paco DeLucia, along with a percussionist, so a heavy flamenco flavor that night. Genius performance.
    I've been slowly working on and having fun playing his standard composition Spain on guitar.