Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: February 12th-13th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

  1. #1

    February 12th-13th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

    Dear All,

    Please sit our Treeleaf Zazenkai for 90 minutes with Zazen, Heart Sutra and more:

    10am Japan Saturday morning, NY 8pm, LA 5pm Friday night, London 1am and Paris 2am Saturday morning, or any time thereafter here:


    However, "one way" live sitters are encouraged to come into the Zoom sitting, and just leave the camera and microphone turned off: Join live (with or without a camera & microphone) on Zoom at: TREELEAF Now OR at DIRECT ZOOM LINK, password (if needed): dogen

    00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 VERSE OF ATONEMENT & FOUR VOWS
    01:30 - 01:45(?) Informal Tea Time (All Welcome)

    Gassho, Jundo

    SatTodayLah



    PS - There is no "wrong" or "right" in Zazen ... yet here is a little explanation of the "right" times to Bow (A Koan) ...


    Chant Book is here for those who wish to join in: CHANT BOOK LINK

    The other video I mention on Zendo decorum is this one, from our "Always Beginners" video Series:

    Sit-a-Long with Jundo: Zazen for Beginners (12) - Basic Zendo Decorum At Home
    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...093#post189093

    I also recommend a little Talk on why small rituals and procedures are so cherished in the Zendo:

    SIT-A-LONG with Jundo: Small Things in the Zendo

    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...s-in-the-Zendo
    Last edited by Sekishi; 02-13-2021 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Added youtube one-way link
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

  2. #2
    Hi Jundo,

    I'll be there live with instruments ready!

    Gassho,

    Kyonin
    Sat/LAH
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

  3. #3
    Treeleaf Unsui / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Hi all,

    I cannot commit to the full sitting tonight so I'll be there with camera off, but will take care of the techno-ino / Zoom / Youtube thing.

    Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    sekishi
    石志

    He/him. As a novice priest-in-training, this is simply an expression of my opinion. Please take it with a grain of salt.

  4. #4


    Doshin
    St

  5. #5
    Thank you all who sat and will sit. And now for the corn flakes.

    gassho, Shokai
    stlah & acf
    仁道 生開 - Jindo Shokai "Open to life in a benevolent way"
    May we all grow together in our knowledge of the Dharma

  6. #6
    Thank you all for your practice, and thank you for the wonderful talk, Jundo.
    Gassho,
    Naiko
    stlah

  7. #7
    Thanks Jundo, Kyonin and all for sharing zazenkai, live and through the week.

    I have no regrets about staying for tea!

    Gassho, Yokai (Chris) sat/lah

  8. #8
    Thank you, Jundo, Kyonin, Sekishi, and everyone. It was a lovely zazenkai, and talk. Like Yokai, I have no regrets about the tea time, either.

    Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/lah
    On (Warm)
    Kai (Sea)

  9. #9
    Oh dang, i just realized these things happen at 5pm my time, and on a friday! Perfect for me to attend! I will catch the next one of these for sure.

    Gassho, John
    ST/LAH

  10. #10
    Thank you everyone!
    Gassho, Nikolas
    Sat/Lah

  11. #11
    Thank you everyone. I sat without this morning after eating my bran flakes. Now I’ll spend some time with the cat.


    Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

  12. #12
    I sat with the recording. I'm grateful we are able to use recordings to participate! Thank you everyone!

    Gassho,
    John
    Sat today

    Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Member Seishin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Sat on demand. Thank you everyone, great talk.

    Sat


    Seishin

    Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

  14. #14
    Thanks Jundo and all treeleafers who sat live and on demand 🍃🙏
    Sat, Franz

  15. #15
    Thank you all for sitting with me.

    Gassho
    Kokuu
    ------------------------------------
    Feel free to message me if you wish to talk about issues around practicing with physical limitations. This is something I have been sitting with for a fair while and am happy to help with suggestions or just offer a listening ear.

  16. #16
    Thank you everyone!
    Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

    義道 冴庭 / Gidou Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean that my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

  17. #17
    Thank you Jundo and everyone for the wonderful sit!

    Gassho,

    Shade

    ST

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Dear All,

    Please sit our Treeleaf Zazenkai for 90 minutes with Zazen, Heart Sutra and more:

    10am Japan Saturday morning, NY 8pm, LA 5pm Friday night, London 1am and Paris 2am Saturday morning, or any time thereafter here:


    However, "one way" live sitters are encouraged to come into the Zoom sitting, and just leave the camera and microphone turned off: Join live (with or without a camera & microphone) on Zoom at: TREELEAF Now OR at DIRECT ZOOM LINK, password (if needed): dogen

    00:00 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 01:30 VERSE OF ATONEMENT & FOUR VOWS
    01:30 - 01:45(?) Informal Tea Time (All Welcome)

    Gassho, Jundo

    SatTodayLah



    PS - There is no "wrong" or "right" in Zazen ... yet here is a little explanation of the "right" times to Bow (A Koan) ...


    Chant Book is here for those who wish to join in: CHANT BOOK LINK

    The other video I mention on Zendo decorum is this one, from our "Always Beginners" video Series:

    Sit-a-Long with Jundo: Zazen for Beginners (12) - Basic Zendo Decorum At Home
    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...093#post189093

    I also recommend a little Talk on why small rituals and procedures are so cherished in the Zendo:

    SIT-A-LONG with Jundo: Small Things in the Zendo

    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...s-in-the-Zendo
    Hi Jundo,

    I can't download the pdf of the chant book.

    Gassho,
    Sat today,
    Geerish.

    Sent from my PAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    Hi Jundo,

    Not working for me.

    Gassho,
    Sat today,
    Guish.

    Sent from my PAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Guish View Post
    Hi Jundo,

    Not working for me.

    Gassho,
    Sat today,
    Guish.

    Sent from my PAR-LX1M using Tapatalk
    Hmmm. How about now, at this link?

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/17pu...ew?usp=sharing

    Gassho, Jundo
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Hmmm. How about now, at this link?

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/17pu...ew?usp=sharing

    Gassho, Jundo
    Thank you Jundo. I already downloaded it.

    Gassho,
    Sat today,
    Geerish.

    Sent from my PAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

  22. #22
    Great sitting with you all.
    Gassho,
    Kevin
    #ST

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •