Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Treeleaf Full Moon Precepts Recommitment Ceremony - Ryaku Fusatsu

aprapti

sat

hobo kore dojo / 歩歩是道場 / step, step, there is my place of practice

Aprāpti (अप्राप्ति) non-attainment

Very cool ceremony - thank you Kokuu for hosting it and everyone for participating

Gassho

Risho
    -stlah

Being me, I forgot to email Kokuu for the text and forgot about the date. Just checked and yes I have put a sock on each foot without getting distracted after putting on one haha.
    Hope to see you all next time.
    Gassho
    Onka
    ST
    穏 On (Calm)
    火 Ka (Fires)
    They/She.

Just noticed the change of time! Where can the recording be found?

Gassho
    Sat

Hi Inshin

At present it is on the cloud but I hope it will be available soon.

Sorry, I should have messaged you about the change of time.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday-

Thank you Jundo for making the recording available. and
    Thank you Kokuu for leading such a beautiful ceremony.
    Sorry I missed the live version. Will this now be a full moon and new moon event or just full Moon?

I think it is wonderful to review the precepts like this.

Gassho, Shokai
    stlah
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Shokai View Post
    Thank you Jundo for making the recording available. and
    Thank you Kokuu for leading such a beautiful ceremony.
    Sorry I missed the live version. Will this now be a full moon and new moon event or just full Moon?

I think it is wonderful to review the precepts like this.

Gassho, Shokai
    stlah
    We are trying to make the recording available. Some "technical non-problem" right now we are trying to fix, namely, we can't find the recordings!

Gassho, J

STLah
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Hi Kokuu, just noticed the time change (doh!). 6am now, so I'll join you live next time

Depending on the tech non-problem, I'll participate recorded, or improvise with material you sent. "No problemo!"

Gassho, Yokai (Chris) sat/lah
    Last edited by Yokai; 01-29-2021 at 05:24 AM.

Thank you for the beautiful ceremony Kokuu, and all who were there with us both at the time or in spirit!

Gassho,
    Eikyō/Dee
    Sat today

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I was thinking just full moon but you never know!

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday-

This Ryaku Fusatsu really hit me - and I've been processing it since yesterday. I can be a little ceremony averse; I know it's odd after being here for so long, I still sometimes feel hot and cold about ceremony.

But that is my problem; I think part of me is afraid to lose who I am (yes I know it's an illusion I make up - but you know lose my sovereignty, lose myself to group think lol) - but I have to be honest with myself (non-self); there is something about these ceremonies that really fill my heart; I don't mean to sound corny, but it's like when we chant during zazenkai or do ango or whatever it is; I really enjoy the Zen path and this sangha here.

I know this has been said more eloquently, and it's nothing new, but I felt this: It's just like zazen; all of these practices we share here together - there is nothing to gain because you realize what you already have, and this is very special. When you drop that idea of gain and you just give yourself to this - then you really get the gain beyond the gain.

Perfect devotion to Buddha can sound really weird - but when we were chanting I realized this is perfect to devotion to all of us - and that's what Buddha is. It's all of us - when we really are here supporting each other, that is the perfect devotion to Buddha.

There's something about that Ryaku Fusatsu ceremony that is special - sitting with all of you - recommitting to the precepts. I mean as we went through it, I just thought how I really fail at all of them; not in a bad way - it's just impossible not to, but we just keep going despite that fact, just like with our Bodhisattva vows.

As Kokuu went through the background of the ceremony and the explanations of the verse of atonement, the bodhisattva vows, and the precepts, it just felt very special and really resonated with me, and I was glad to be a part of it.

I'm guessing this is why ceremonies are done - from one perspective, it can be a little esoteric, but when you drop that and just do it and listen and participate and chant with your whole being it's very special and makes me feel really connected to this sangha, the buddha ancestors and this path. Very, very good stuff.

You know, I don't care, I love my Rakusu. It really establishes the connection here, and I'm proud to practice this practice with you all.

Gassho

Risho
    -stlah

P.S. -sorry not sorry about the excessive sentences

Thank you, Risho. That is such a beautiful expression of the meaning of ceremonies and how they can affect us and bring us together.

I have practiced a form of Ryaku Fusatsu on my own for some time, but it felt very different and really lovely to be able to practice it together with all of you.

Jukai feels powerful to me every year, with the combined energy of everyone coming together to either take the precepts or witness their taking, and this ceremony seems to capture something of that.

You all really are a lovely bunch of sentient beings!

Gassho
    Kokuu
    -sattoday-

Quote Originally Posted by Risho View Post
    This Ryaku Fusatsu really hit me - and I've been processing it since yesterday. I can be a little ceremony averse; I know it's odd after being here for so long, I still sometimes feel hot and cold about ceremony.

But that is my problem; I think part of me is afraid to lose who I am (yes I know it's an illusion I make up - but you know lose my sovereignty, lose myself to group think lol) - but I have to be honest with myself (non-self); there is something about these ceremonies that really fill my heart; I don't mean to sound corny, but it's like when we chant during zazenkai or do ango or whatever it is; I really enjoy the Zen path and this sangha here.

I know this has been said more eloquently, and it's nothing new, but I felt this: It's just like zazen; all of these practices we share here together - there is nothing to gain because you realize what you already have, and this is very special. When you drop that idea of gain and you just give yourself to this - then you really get the gain beyond the gain.

Perfect devotion to Buddha can sound really weird - but when we were chanting I realized this is perfect to devotion to all of us - and that's what Buddha is. It's all of us - when we really are here supporting each other, that is the perfect devotion to Buddha.

There's something about that Ryaku Fusatsu ceremony that is special - sitting with all of you - recommitting to the precepts. I mean as we went through it, I just thought how I really fail at all of them; not in a bad way - it's just impossible not to, but we just keep going despite that fact, just like with our Bodhisattva vows.

As Kokuu went through the background of the ceremony and the explanations of the verse of atonement, the bodhisattva vows, and the precepts, it just felt very special and really resonated with me, and I was glad to be a part of it.

I'm guessing this is why ceremonies are done - from one perspective, it can be a little esoteric, but when you drop that and just do it and listen and participate and chant with your whole being it's very special and makes me feel really connected to this sangha, the buddha ancestors and this path. Very, very good stuff.

You know, I don't care, I love my Rakusu. It really establishes the connection here, and I'm proud to practice this practice with you all.

Gassho

Risho
    -stlah

P.S. -sorry not sorry about the excessive sentences
    How lovely!!!

SatToday
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12