Thread: 'The ZEN of EVERYTHING! Podcast' ... Episode 43 ... Instructions for the Cook

'The ZEN of EVERYTHING! Podcast' ... Episode 43 ... Instructions for the Cook

Episode 43 ... Instructions for the Cook

The tenzo manages food in Zen monasteries: he is the head chef, the person responsible for ensuring that monks are fed. One of Dogen's most approachable texts is the Tenzo Kyokun, Instructions for the Cook, where he discusses not just cooking soup, but cooking all of life
    THE LINK: https://www.zen-of-everything.com/43

For more about the podcast, where to send your serious or silly questions ...

https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...-ON-THE-AIR%21

You can also sign up by RSS, or hear it many places such as Spotify and Apple Podcasts (follow the links above).

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLAH
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

This one always makes me hungry, and to remember to live to serve others. It's so easy to forget. Thanks for the episode guys, keep up the great work!

Gassho,

Bokuchō (Josh)
    SatToday/LaH

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Guys - Brussel Sprouts are awesome; other than that major infraction, awesome podcast as usual.

Gassho

Risho
    -stlah

Quote Originally Posted by Risho View Post
    Guys - Brussel Sprouts are awesome; other than that major infraction, awesome podcast as usual.

Gassho

Risho
    -stlah
    Yes, I must apologize to the brussel sprout growers. After the netcast, I realized that I actually like brussel sprouts. I was thinking of beets.

Gassho, J

STLah

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    Yes, I must apologize to the brussel sprout growers. After the netcast, I realized that I actually like brussel sprouts. I was thinking of beets.
    That sounds suspicious... Big Brussels sprout got to you, eh?

Gassho,

Ryūmon

sat
    流文

I know nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryumon View Post
    That sounds suspicious... Big Brussels sprout got to you, eh?

Gassho,

Ryūmon

sat
    I am afraid so. The sprout lobby. They are paying me in green.

https://isga-sprouts.org/#:~:text=Fo...out%20industry.

Gassho, J

STLah

Maybe not traditionally cooked, but cut in halves and roasted with olive oil, garlic and a bit of honey.

Thank you Jundo and Ryumon, I really like your podcasts and this one, too!

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotei View Post
    Maybe not traditionally cooked, but cut in halves and roasted with olive oil, garlic and a bit of honey.
    I actually cook them in a similar fashion, but not with honey. Thanks for the idea Kotei!

And how can anyone not enjoy the taste of beets? I mean honestly... (asking for a friend... not trying to start a fight...)

Gassho,
    Seikan

-st-
    聖簡 Seikan (Sacred Simplicity)

After carrots, beets are my favourite root vegetable but my wife can not stand the smell of them. Therefore it is very rare that I see beets any more. .

Tairin
    Sat today and lah

Thanks for the great podcast! I've been contemplating this all day at work and really trying to keep service of others in mind. I can be quite selfish with my time at work (on somebody else's dime, which isn't feeling right anymore) this shift of focus is much needed!

Gassho

John
    Sat today

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk