Thread: January 22nd-23rd Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

January 22nd-23rd Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Dear All,

Please sit our Treeleaf Zazenkai for 90 minutes with Zazen, Heart Sutra and more:

10am Japan Saturday morning, NY 8pm, LA 5pm Friday night, London 1am and Paris 2am Saturday morning, or any time thereafter here:

However, "one way" live sitters are encouraged to come into the Zoom sitting, and just leave the camera and microphone turned off: Join live (with or without a camera & microphone) on Zoom at: TREELEAF Now OR at DIRECT ZOOM LINK, password (if needed): dogen

00:00 – 00:15 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA in English) and Dedication
    00:15 – 00:45 ZAZEN
    00:45 – 00:55 KINHIN
    00:55 – 01:25 ZAZEN
    01:25 – 01:30 VERSE OF ATONEMENT & FOUR VOWS
    01:30 - 01:45(?) Informal Tea Time (All Welcome)

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLah

PS - There is no "wrong" or "right" in Zazen ... yet here is a little explanation of the "right" times to Bow (A Koan) ...

Chant Book is here for those who wish to join in: CHANT BOOK LINK

The other video I mention on Zendo decorum is this one, from our "Always Beginners" video Series:

Sit-a-Long with Jundo: Zazen for Beginners (12) - Basic Zendo Decorum At Home
    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...093#post189093
    Last edited by Sekishi; 01-23-2021 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Added NEW one-way youtube link
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

I will be there with bells ready

Gassho,
    Washin
    stlah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Quote Originally Posted by Washin View Post
    I will be there with bells ready

Gassho,
    Washin
    stlah
    Ahhh, my fellow night owl! I shall fight sleepiness alongside you!

SatToday
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Hi all,

Just a quick note, youtube changed something today and I had to post a new video (at the top of the thread).

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    Last edited by Sekishi; 01-23-2021 at 02:57 AM.
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Thank you Jundo, Washin and everyone. Always wonderful to share zazenkai and tea with you.

Three cheers Shokai for your amazing LED mask cabaret!

Gassho, Yokai (Chris) st/lah

Thank you all for another wonderful Zazenkai, fun tea (metta to all those ill and caring for the ill), and that mask Shokai — I need to get one just to have "My eyes are up here" scroll across the mask so the beard poof isn't focused on!

Gassho,
    Koushi (Jesse)
    ST

Thank you, Jundo, Washin, and everyone for another great zazenkai and tea time. Have a great weekend!

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
    恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Thanks everyone!! special mentions to Washin chanting us through at 3AM and Shokai, because Shokai ALWAYS deserves a special mention.

SatToday
    Bion
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Thank you everyone as always for another wonderful Zazenkai. Thanks to Shokai, I'm now shopping for a new mask...

Gassho,
    Seikan

-stlah-
    聖簡 Seikan (Sacred Simplicity)

Changing out the hut's laptop. What the old Vaio garbled at tea time is basically that all is well in our neck of the woods. Thanks Jundo, Washin ... Sekishi ... and Shokai!

gassho
    doyu shonin sat today and some lah
    Visiting unsui: use salt

Sat one way, thanks Jundo for the inspiring talk, to all participants online and one way, and kudos to Washin - you´re an inspiration to me, I hope I´ll find to the force of will to join online in the middle of the night

Sat
    Franz

I think I should join you live once in a while at 3:00, like Washin does. Anyway! Thank you everyone and have a nice weekend!
    Nikolas,
    Sat/Lah

Thank you everyone. I sat with you this cold and snowy morning.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    I think I should join you live once in a while at 3:00, like Washin does. Anyway! Thank you everyone and have a nice weekend!
    Nikolas,
    Sat/Lah
    It is a bit of a challenge, I’ll admit to that. I do it weekly and right now, cause of the time change it’s at 2 am for me but I find it easier in summer when it’s at 3am Strange

SatToday
    Bion

Quote Originally Posted by Bion View Post
    It is a bit of a challenge, I’ll admit to that. I do it weekly and right now, cause of the time change it’s at 2 am for me but I find it easier in summer when it’s at 3am Strange

SatToday
    Hey Bion!
    Do you stay up until the end of the zazenkai, or do sleep for some hours before the beginning of the zazenkai?
    Nikolas,
    Sat/Lah

Στάλθηκε από το SM-T510 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
    希 rare
    理 principle
    (Nikolas)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    Hey Bion!
    Do you stay up until the end of the zazenkai, or do sleep for some hours before the beginning of the zazenkai?
    Nikolas,
    Sat/Lah

Στάλθηκε από το SM-T510 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
    What I do these days is try to nap a bit during the day, then lay down right after dinner and just relax, see if I can maybe doze off. I tried sleeping before but I can’t always do it. As soon as we start, I’m always great. So I stopped worrying about being tired months ago. It’s my exciting night of the week and I eagerly look forward to it.

(Sorry for the extra sentences)

SatToday
    Bion

What I do these days is try to nap a bit during the day, then lay down right after dinner and just relax, see if I can maybe doze off.
    That's what I usually do on the day of my Ino turn

Thank you Jundo, Sekishi and everyone for sitting together

Gassho,
    Washin
    stlah
    Kaidō (皆道) Every Way
    Washin (和信) Harmony Trust
    ----
    I am a novice priest-in-training. Anything that I say must not be considered as teaching
    and should be taken with a 'grain of salt'.

Quote Originally Posted by Washin View Post
    That's what I usually do on the day of my Ino turn

Thank you Jundo, Sekishi and everyone for sitting together

Gassho,
    Washin
    stlah
    It is always awesome to have you chanting us through Washin!! ALWAYS!

SatToday
    Bion

Sat with the recording this morning. Thank you so much Jundo, Washin and everyone

It was a very timely talk for me and I appreciate having the opportunity to still sit with you all like this.

Gassho,

Ryan
    Sat Today

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Completed On Demand this morning. Thank you and metta to all.

Sat

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Quote Originally Posted by Seishin View Post
    Completed On Demand this morning. Thank you and metta to all.

Sat
    We really should say "On Non-Demand" or "On Demandless-Demand" or something, yes?

Gassho, J

STLah

I also completed this on non-demandless demand. It’s a great non-showless show.
    Thanks everyone

Gassho,
    Tom
    Sat/Lah

Quote Originally Posted by StoBird View Post
    I also completed this on non-demandless demand. It’s a great non-showless show.
    Thanks everyone

Gassho,
    Tom
    Sat/Lah

Thank you - caught up with you all on Wednesday morning.

Sat today
    Stewart

Lovely! Thank you all for sitting!

Gassho
    Kokuu

A little difficult for me, I had to bow out early. Perhaps I will follow the recording better next time. I know this is true. Thank you ALL for being here.
    Gassho
    sat/ lah
    Tai Shi
    Peaceful Poet, Tai Shi. Ubasoku; calm, supportive, limited to positive 優婆塞 台 婆