Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ARTS: The Treeleaf Music Hall is now open

Quote Originally Posted by Jinyo View Post
    Would love to hear the recording when its done !

Sat Today
    I am all for sharing it when it’s finished. I have to re-record it cause we’ve made some changes. If Tairin is up for it, I’d love to share it when it’s finished.

SatToday
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Quote Originally Posted by Bion View Post
    I am all for sharing it when it’s finished. I have to re-record it cause we’ve made some changes. If Tairin is up for it, I’d love to share it when it’s finished.

SatToday
    That's great - thank you

SatToday
    Absolutely! I’d love to share our collaboration with the Sangha.

Jinyo, your lyrics are lovely. Do you feel up to recording yourself singing them to my guitar? It doesn’t need to be anything professional, using your phone’s mic would be fine. You can send to just me if you don’t want to share more widely. I can PM you a place to drop the music.

Thank you both Bion and Jinyo. It really does mean a lot to me that you both found my track inspiring enough to write lyrics for. Deep bows to you both.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Tairin/Jinyo

Been playing catch on some of the tracks folks have posted and just listened to Tairin exquisite playing, which is tell me I need to do some work on triads and finger picking but it really suited a damp Saturday, working on what I need to practice tonight and my next project. It was so mellow and soothing, it may not be traditional zen but its still zen !
    And Jinyo I think your word suit it perfectly and would love to here them sung over this progression.

This is really wonderful stuff folks, so deep bows all round.

Sat

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Quote Originally Posted by Seishin View Post
    Tairin/Jinyo

Been playing catch on some of the tracks folks have posted and just listened to Tairin exquisite playing, which is tell me I need to do some work on triads and finger picking but it really suited a damp Saturday, working on what I need to practice tonight and my next project. It was so mellow and soothing, it may not be traditional zen but its still zen !
    And Jinyo I think your word suit it perfectly and would love to here them sung over this progression.

This is really wonderful stuff folks, so deep bows all round.

Sat
    Thank you Seishin.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah

Well folks I guess as I was the one to offer some advice and point Jundo in the direction of his online Beginners Guitar course and all points beyond, reckon I should confess to my sins.

I have owned a guitar since my 40th birthday and then due to work commitments and a very heavy martial arts schedule including my own school for a good few years, I started a stop start journey of trying to play songs, riffs and solos and pretty much got nowhere fast. When early retirement was looming I vowed I would finally learn how to play the guitar and not just bits and pieces. So when I jacked in work at 55 in 2011 I started again but as we offed and left the UK for France and spent 6 months house hunting then some time doing up our new home, it was again spasmodic. So at the end of 2012 I knuckled down again going over old stuff but tumbled on Justin Sandercoe in early 2013 and haven't looked back. The forum related to his online lessons is similar to Treeleaf in that its warm, friendly, encouraging and supportive. And all levels are encourage to record and share their progress, from out and out beginners to some gigging semi pros. Like Treeleaf allows us all to connect, modern technology allows for global collaborations with takes and stems winging it across the web to eventually be mixed, produced and put out for feedback.

I still consider myself just an advanced beginner but I have recorded a host of covers and written a few originals. Spending most of my life thinking I was tone deaf and with limited range, I steered clear of singing until I was press ganged into a collaboration on an early 1970s prepunk project, as my Russian amateur (but excellent) mixer/producer wanted a London(UK) accent and I finally wilted under the pressure. And it came out ok. So with a little confidence I have since sung on a few of my own multi track projects and been invited to sing and play on more collaborations.

Around about last November having stumbled at all previous attempts, I finally got the courage to start singing and playing and to make it work. In the last 4 months I have recorded 4 "live" performances but still consider it work in progress. Live projects are recorded via webcam and OBS for video recording with an Audio Interface plugged into the PC. Multi Track projects cobbled together with Reaper, my go to DAW and a host of FX products for mixing and mastering, of which I am a rank amateur !

Wishing to improve my singing as well as my playing I am 4 weeks into a 12 week singing course and happy with the progress with a huge expansion of range. As a result of that I have some other projects in the pipe line that I will share with my guitar forum friends and potentially the wider public via soundcloud or youtube. I try and put out at least one recording a month if circumstances permit.

I try to practice each day and have currently restarted a Blues Rhythm course and a Blues Lead course. I've lacked focus for a couple of years due to worries over Brexit and my wife's health issue last year but so far so good in 2021.

Should anyone be interested in my recordings they can be found here

https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/tracks

There's the odd bit of noodling and some singing course tracks that can be ignored. Most of the tracks will indicate if its a collab or just me playing and singing on the odd occasion.

and here

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2w..._as=subscriber

My "live" performance come under the Madman banner, it follows the title of a forum post, when I lost the 100 FX on my Mustang III amp and went through the painful process of rebuilding it. As the factory FX were of questionable quality and use, I had spent the best part of 4 years replacing them all only to lose the lot and all the saved nuances I had applied to them......they were backed up offline though !! So I spent a week to 10 days seeking advice and council under the heading of the Madman's Diary as I was tearing my hair out, which included losing everything for a second time and then finding the original fault was down to a school boy error and nothing was ever lost, so the two rebuilds could have been avoided at the literal push of a button. Sitting was very help at this time. Anyway the label stuck and now indicates a little audio diary of social banter before I get to the actual "live" performances.

Interaction with these two mediums is purely voluntary but there should you wish.

Anyway that's about where I am at and short term where I am going but great to see so many other musicians here sharing there stories (can I say other ?)

Sat and about to play.
    Its taking me a while to go through all the wonderful posts here.

Things very hard on the health front in my neck of the woods but listening to your music lifted my spirits today Seishin. I not only like your music you are a natural comic and the intros to the you tube
    recordings made me smile ear to ear

The White Rabbit Cover gave me goosebumps as the gravelly tone in your singing voice reminded me of Johnny Cash - trust in your voice - I hear an old soul in it.

Would love to hear you play/sing a cover from New Model Army - any chance of the track Winter?

Jinyo

Quote Originally Posted by Jinyo View Post
    Its taking me a while to go through all the wonderful posts here.

Things very hard on the health front in my neck of the woods but listening to your music lifted my spirits today Seishin. I not only like your music you are a natural comic and the intros to the you tube
    recordings made me smile ear to ear

The White Rabbit Cover gave me goosebumps as the gravelly tone in your singing voice reminded me of Johnny Cash - trust in your voice - I hear an old soul in it.

Would love to hear you play/sing a cover from New Model Army - any chance of the track Winter?

Jinyo
    Ah Jinyo your words brightened my day. I see you must have stepped into the rabbit hole of my Madman's Diaries. After nearly a year of covid that started as a bit of fun to bring a little cheer to our guitar forum and now its become an expectation from the members. Folks have said those intro's are just like my posts and I just say what you see is what you get, bit like The Jam. I am glad you liked White Rabbit it was a challenge playing the lead line and the vocals but has given me lots of confidence. Others have mentioned Cash. As you can see with the video diaries I have only just started making more of Youtube. Most of the videos were rideouts in Yorkshire and Cumbria and some more over here in France. But there's an early rhythm only cover of Another Man's Cause (must do more Levellers) that I cringe when looking back and Ascension Day (WWWIII proto punk from around 71) which I put up there performance wise with White Rabbit (vocals and rhythm on that one). I am trying to keep a catalogue on Soundcloud of all my recordings, so when I think I have not made the progress I would have liked, go back to some of the early stuff and see how far I have come.

I'll look into that NMA track further, just played it while typing and really enjoyed it. Think an acoustic versions is possible oh another one on the list ! Didn't know they were still going !! Some good stuff back in the day and always great energy.

Well if I have brought some joy, job done.

Deep bows for taking time to listen to an old man trying to recapture his youth.

Gassho

Seishin

Sat and played but not at the same time.
    Last edited by Seishin; 02-15-2021 at 10:48 PM.

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Hi Seishin,

well if you are an old man trying to recapture his youth not sure what that makes me

I think you'll enjoy this documentary on NMA - they're still going strong.

Will be following you on Soundcloud !

Gassho

Jinyo

sat today

Hi Seishin

I love your version of White Rabbit. That’s a song I’ve always enjoyed.

I listened to most of what you posted to SoundCloud, it sounds like you are having fun exploring music in your retirement.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    Last edited by Tairin; 02-16-2021 at 03:46 PM.

One of my favourite songs is the Animals version of “The House of the Rising Sun”. I have had a go

Gassho,
    Gareth

Sat today

Quote Originally Posted by bad_buddha_007 View Post
    One of my favourite songs is the Animals version of “The House of the Rising Sun”. I have had a go

Gassho,
    Gareth

Sat today
    Loved the playing, love the song, love the beard!! Thanks Gareth!!!

SatToday
    Bion
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Thank you! It is my first beard

Gassho,
    Gareth

Sat today

If there's anyone who has music that can be played but needs to be charted, send me a message. I've done lots of composing, arranging, transcribing, and transposing for decades. I'd be happy to take a listen and get it down on paper for you.

Shinshou (Daniel)
    Sat Today

Gassho,
    Gareth

Sat today
    Ha Gareth was not expecting that, thought you'd be launching straight into the chords/rhythm section. Thought you did really well on both recordings. Man its been years since I tried that solo, despite playing quite a few versions of HOTRS (last one up beat power chord version). Look forward to hearing more from you.

Sat

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Hi Tairin

Thanks for taking a listen to the "catalogue" and that's a stretched description to say the least ! Certainly having fun. Some ups and downs and just like our path here I have strayed now and zen (!) but keep making slow but steady progress. Aim this year is to do at least one recording a month but keep getting side tracked but always in a good way.
    More to come but a friend in Calgary has just sent me off on another not so wild goose chase. See below.

Deep bows good friend.

Sat

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Jinyo

Thanks for that NMA documentary link, gonna take a look tonight. My last 18 yrs in the UK was in Wakefield, so those opening scenes bring back good memories. I know they were from Bradford originally so those moors look oh so familiar. Well I have worked out the chords for Winter but expect the vocals to be a challenge as there is quite a change of tempo in the second verse but its on the to do list ! A few other songs on the go but a friend has steered me away from drilling scales to improve my speed and dexterity and has suggested I learn the solo to Led Zeps Thank You. Always loved that song and now see I maybe able to play all of it, so another curve ball has taken me off piste and I am working on that too right now. So many songs so little time, plus I need to get another Madman episode out soon........................and that's why I find sitting sooooo peaceful. Watch this space or SC & YT.

Gassho

Sat

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Hello everyone! I don't play any instruments but music is a huge part of my everyday life. I was just wondering if anyone knows Joe Hisaishi and his amazing work. Here is one of my favorites:

Gassho, Nikolas
    Sat/Lah

Hey Niko, not my normal go to but enjoyed this immensely. Good to listen outside the box now a zen.

Sat

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

ARTS: The Treeleaf Music Hall is now open

Hey, everyone! Looking forward to seeing this one develop

I mentor and own half of an indie label for a living, been passionate about creating and being around music since I was 16, studied it for some years and currently doing a PhD linked to my composition. Here’s a link to the label and a recent release I think some of you might enjoy: https://beachedrecords.bandcamp.com/...-quarry-office

Also will be taking up shakuhachi later this year, nice to see there’s already a wealth of knowledge available here for that!

St, lah
    Jonathan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tsuru; 03-05-2021 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuru View Post

I mentor and own half of an indie label for a living, been passionate about creating and being around music since I was 16, studied it for some years and currently doing a PhD linked to my composition. Here’s a link to the label and a recent release I think some of you might enjoy: https://beachedrecords.bandcamp.com/...-quarry-office

Also will be taking up shakuhachi later this year, nice to see there’s already a wealth of knowledge available hear for that!

St, lah
    Jonathan

Wow! An industry peer! Great to have you around Jonathan!

SatToday
    Bion

Wow! An industry peer! Great to have you around Jonathan!

SatToday
    Thank you!

St

Hey folks thought I would reply here regards the Open Mic, rather than clutter up the collaboration thread, which is still super impressive.

For starters thanks for the encouragement and support. The whole trial was a huge success with 11 performers and a total of 20 present in Zoom. There was about 9 of us who had never played in public before and despite it being my "home studio" was still nerve racking but we all got through it. My plan was to just have a good time and get folks involved with some audience participation, even though everyone was muted.

I decided to keep things very simple with a Dylanesque Knockin On Heavens Door for starters but then ramped things up with a number from Woodstock. Someone had posted a thread about protest songs on our forum back in January and naturally a few Vietnam songs were referenced. My input to that was Country Joe MacDonald and the Fish and his "Feel like I'm fixin to die" rag. So that was what I chose for the second song with the aim to get folks joining the chorus. So with the necessary explanatory intro to that one, I overran by 3 minutes but the whole gig finished 10 minutes early, so no harm no foul. But it was a hoot even if I was a bit OTT !!

Self critique as ever - stuffed up the beginning of both songs. Got a good few chords wrong and messed the odd line up. So yeah always my own worst critic but I need to see what went wrong to be better next time and oh yes we are already talking May for round 2 !!

For anyone interested I'll be dropping a cutting of my performance on my Youtube channel, as we are keeping the whole show in house (once everyone signs of on internal distribution). I'll edit the video and subsequently upload. If you know where I am you will find it but I'd rather not push it out for general circulation if that's ok.

So after a good few moths of working on just singing and playing, I am taking a little time out and doing some improv over Southern Rock tracks, as I really need to push my licks, riffs n lead skills.

Anyway thanks for listen to me ramble but as I always say, never to old to rock n roll and I'll be 65 on the 30th - no fool like and old fool.

Gassho

Sat

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Hi Seishin

I am glad to hear your Open Mic performance went well. I know what you mean about performing being nerve wracking but it sounds like you went in with the right attitude —having fun. Please do post a link once you have it.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah

Thank you! I would love to hear your power chords version or other guitar music. I have been trying to learn something new recently, actually a few new things, but some of it is a little fast and I’m still practicing. HOTRS is really nice imo.

Gassho,
    Gareth

Sat today

Thank you! I would love to hear your power chords version or other guitar music. I have been trying to learn something new recently, actually a few new things, but some of it is a little fast and I’m still practicing. HOTRS is really nice imo.

Gassho,
    Gareth

Sat today
    Gareth since you asked so nicely ! There are two versions on my Soundcloud, the first mixed and produced my me and this one by my good friend in Moscow, who is our guitar forum go to mixing guru. It was a fun cover with a bit more attitude than the OT but I do like to rock !

https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/ho...affenwagen-mix

I should add from that track you should be able to see my other recordings, some good some bad and some I'd rather forget !

Sat n played
    Last edited by Seishin; 03-29-2021 at 07:10 PM.

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Quote Originally Posted by Tairin View Post
    Hi Seishin

I am glad to hear your Open Mic performance went well. I know what you mean about performing being nerve wracking but it sounds like you went in with the right attitude —having fun. Please do post a link once you have it.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    Tairin

Well the video is out there in our forum land and looks like OM2 will be mid May so its been as a success. Much as I would love to share the whole show, I need to respect my colleagues, so you will have to put up with me making a fool of myself. Guess there was a lot of Jundo's Fake It 'Til You Make in my approach but it was all in good fun !
    Just need to get out of the habit of adding the lyrics "Wrong Chord !!" to all my videoed songs or just get the chords right !

Gassho

Sat
    Last edited by Seishin; 03-29-2021 at 07:22 PM.

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Gareth since you asked so nicely ! There are two versions on my Soundcloud, the first mixed and produced my me and this one by my good friend in Moscow, who is our guitar forum go to mixing guru. It was a fun cover with a bit more attitude than the OT but I do like to rock !

https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/ho...affenwagen-mix

I should add from that track you should be able to see my other recordings, some good some bad and some I'd rather forget !

Sat n played
    Great playing, I like your version. It is a nice list as well - I'm down to An Irish Pub Song Cover currently! Some favourites - the Madman covers and the Tears of a Dragon cover. Also the Let's Play a Game 1962 collaboration, and the lead guitar in Where Do You Think You Are Going.

I have been playing over a Hendrix-style backing track lately...thinking about uploading a 'version 1', as the Treeleaf Music Hall should have people practicing, not just finished performances?!

Gassho,
    Gareth

Sat today, about to lah
    Edit: Apologies for going slightly over the sentence limit

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuru View Post

Also will be taking up shakuhachi later this year, nice to see there’s already a wealth of knowledge available here for that!

St, lah
    Jonathan

I enjoyed that mix Jonathan, thanks! Big fan of music of this sort (and most sorts). I used to run a small label/distribution company in L.A. and worked at a label in Tokyo before that. Have been thinking of getting involved again since moving back to Japan. Still messing about on guitar and drums all these years too.
    Enjoying this subform in general all, keep up the music.

Sat today,
    Chris

Tairin

Well the video is out there in our forum land and looks like OM2 will be mid May so its been as a success. Much as I would love to share the whole show, I need to respect my colleagues, so you will have to put up with me making a fool of myself. Guess there was a lot of Jundo's Fake It 'Til You Make in my approach but it was all in good fun !
    Just need to get out of the habit of adding the lyrics "Wrong Chord !!" to all my videoed songs or just get the chords right !

Gassho

Sat

Well that took me back. Far out, Peace (could not find the peace symbol )

Doshin
    St

Quote Originally Posted by Doshin View Post
    Well that took me back. Far out, Peace (could not find the peace symbol )

Doshin
    St
    Seishin, Like Doshin said. Looking (and sounding) GOOD!! thank you for sharing

gassho, Shokai
    stalh
    合掌,生開
    gassho, Shokai

仁道 生開 / Jindo Shokai

"Open to life in a benevolent way"

https://sarushinzendo.wordpress.com/

Doshin/Shokai/Gareth

Been meaning to do that Country Joe for 50 years but could never play let alone sing. Great fun though. Glad enjoyed it. _/\_

There was a 2nd Open Mic mid May where I covered a hybrid version of Behind Blue Eyes and another of the Foo Fighters' Times Like These. I've not had time to strip my part out of the full show video, which I am unable to share but when other musical projects die down, I'll cut, shut and post.

The Madman's Diaries now has another chapter added with Bon Jovi's Blaze of Glory - just me and the guitar. But now added to a playlist, where future chapters will be available.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...GWT9gsy3BbyBkz
    I've been tied down writing and playing melody lines linked to a discussion on modes. Still work in progress and yet to be published. Of the six commonly used modes I am finishing up the last one at the moment. But as the author of the discussion decided Locrian was just too way out there, I created my own backing track and melody, which will finalise the project. But a side shoot is, the melodies are proving great exercises for increasing speed and accuracy of my picking by ramping up the tempo, so wins all round.

Gareth apologies for delayed reply but go for it. It will be nice to hear you playing, especially some Hendrix style. Please share.

I have been playing over a Hendrix-style backing track lately...thinking about uploading a 'version 1', as the Treeleaf Music Hall should have people practicing, not just finished performances?!

Gassho,
    Gareth

Sat today, about to lah
    Edit: Apologies for going slightly over the sentence limit

Again thanks for the comments and encouragement.

Deep bows folk.

Sat

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Seishin - I'm enjoying the Blaze of Glory cover! I just noticed your reply, I'm not sure how I missed it until now. I've been busy practicing, but the Hendrix isn't ready yet unfortunately...it is tough.

I have bought an irig2 for recording though and here is my first upload on soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-99148440...-masterpiece-1. I like the sound via the irig2 device compared with the iphone microphone.

Gassho,
    Gareth

Sat today, Lah

I play the baroque lute with a focus on 18th century composers. The instrument has 13 courses - sort of like a guitar with 13 strings. Playing for me can allow for an open feeling that (at its best) is similar to zazen.
    https://soundcloud.com/baroquelute/d...ampanella-in-d

rob
    sat today
    “Be humble; you are made of dust. Be noble; you are made of stars”

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Parisien View Post
    I play the baroque lute with a focus on 18th century composers. The instrument has 13 courses - sort of like a guitar with 13 strings. Playing for me can allow for an open feeling that (at its best) is similar to zazen.

rob
    sat today
    Oh, that is beautiful! Sounds amazing. I can relate to that feeling of finding the zazen mind in other activities that require intense focus.

SatToday
    Bion

rob
    sat today
    That is sublime. Thank you for sharing it.
    Gassho,
    Naiko
    st

rob
    sat today
    That is really amazing Rob!

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.
    E84I - JAJ

My wife and I met in Okinawa and started playing traditional Irish music together. She has played the tin whistle nearly her whole life; we joke she bought me a bodhrán so I’d have something other than a pint glass to occupy my hands while she was playing at the local izakaya (I’ve since stopped drinking, but that’s a different story). We don’t get too much time to play nowadays because the little princess you see dancing in the background of the video takes up most of our time. However, it is still a passion of ours and something we love to do together.

Sorry for the long message.

Gassho, William

Sat today

Quote Originally Posted by Mrcpt11 View Post
    My wife and I met in Okinawa and started playing traditional Irish music together. She has played the tin whistle nearly her whole life; we joke she bought me a bodhrán so I’d have something other than a pint glass to occupy my hands while she was playing at the local izakaya (I’ve since stopped drinking, but that’s a different story). We don’t get too much time to play nowadays because the little princess you see dancing in the background of the video takes up most of our time. However, it is still a passion of ours and something we love to do together.

Gassho, William

Sat today
    That was just so lovely. Thank you so much for sharing.

And your daughter is a dancer!

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    Last edited by Jundo; 02-16-2022 at 11:46 PM.
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    I am just a priest-in-training, any resemblance between what I post and actual teachings is purely coincidental.
    E84I - JAJ

Gassho, William

Sat today
    I loved that! Both of you have super hands The little princess is adorable! Thanks for sharing!!!

Sat Today
    Last edited by Jundo; 02-16-2022 at 11:46 PM.
    Bion

Gassho, William

Sat today
    Cutest video ever! Lovely, thank you for sharing

Gassho, Tomás
    Instasat

The sounds of Medieval and Renaissance bagpipes with some photographs of my home town.

Amoroso -

This Enderis Day -

Kalenda Maya and Quand Hiver -

Farandole -

Gasshō
    Seiko
    stlah
    Last edited by Seiko; 02-03-2023 at 08:16 PM.
    Gandō Seiko
    頑道清光
    (Stubborn Way of Pure Light)

My street name is 'Al'.

Any words I write here are merely the thoughts of an apprentice priest, just my opinions, that's all.

A 15th century tune.

Gasshō
    Seiko
    stlah
    Last edited by Seiko; 02-03-2023 at 09:12 PM.
    Gandō Seiko
    頑道清光

My street name is 'Al'.

Any words I write here are merely the thoughts of an apprentice priest, just my opinions, that's all.

Credo

Gasshō
    Seiko
    stlah
    Gandō Seiko
    頑道清光

My street name is 'Al'.

Hi. May as well get in on this... I play several instruments, with varying degrees of skill as my condition and meds allow. My first love is drums... Started when I was six after hearing "God of Thunder" by Kiss. I tried to explain it to my grandfather... A whole song, that was nothing but drums! He went and put on a record... "Sing Sing Sing" from Benny Goodman Live at Carnegie Hall, with the great Gene Krupa drum solo. Got hooked on two things: playing music, and jazz . Got my first drum set for Christmas that year. I also play sax, clarinet, a couple kinds of flute, guitar, bass, a little mandolin, ukulele and highland bagpipes. Again... To what level of success depends on how my meds are doing on any given day.
    For listening pleasure, I am a huge Deadhead, otherwise, old jazz, particularly of the 50s and 60s.

Just sat a bit ago.
    Gonna sit some more later.
    Gassho!
    護道 安海

-Godo Ankai

I'm still just starting to learn. I'm not a teacher. Please don't take anything I say too seriously. I already take myself too seriously!

Hi all,

Sat and Lah

In deepest Gassho,

My name is Stephen and I have been playing "meditative" music for several decades. I would like to offer a piece from time to time. I hope you enjoy! This is called "Saturdays in space"
    Last edited by Stephen E. Kauffman; 11-30-2023 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen E. Kauffman View Post
    Hi all,

In deepest Gassho,

My name is Stephen and I have been playing "meditative" music for several decades. I would like to offer a piece from time to time. I hope you enjoy! This is called "Saturdays in space"
    Ooooh! Nice! Can’t go wrong when joining acoustic guitar, a strong delay and jazz brushes!!!
    Loved it! Thanks for sharing!!

Gassho
    Sat and lah
    Bion

Welcome Stephen and thanks for the tunes.

Doshin
    Stlah

Lah and Sat
    Gassho,
    Stephen
    Last edited by Stephen E. Kauffman; 11-30-2023 at 12:00 PM.

Lovely - thank you so much for sharing. I very much enjoyed that.

Gassho, Shinshi

SaT-LaH
    空道 心志 Kudo Shinshi
    E84I - JAJ

January Snow

We had our first snowfall in Philadelphia in almost two years yesterday. This was the result. Enjoy,
    Gassho,
    Stephen Sat/Lah

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast