Thread: ARTS: Yugen Photography

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

ARTS: Yugen Photography

Hello Folks,
    I want to start a thread that is dealing with one of my favorite concepts of Japanese aesthetics called Yūgen (幽玄). It's almost impossible to explain or translate its meaning. The most precise may be "deep" or "mysterious". We can experience these moments in everyday life but in general it's a profound experience of something mysterious that is very impressive, like a walk in an old forest that causes a deep feeling of all-one-ness, watching the vast ocean or the sunset that let us realize how unimportant our problems are, or any other moments that brings some depth into our experience..

... I want to share a picture that I made in spring. I was driving with my car in the fields outside of the city where I live in a cloudless night to find a dark area without lights around to catch the night sky. It was one of the nights where the lyrids meteor shower crossed the earth. At 3:30AM I arrived and when I get out of the car I encountered a deep silence although various insects were singing and sheep's bleating around me. It was very dark, I think it was new moon. There were countless stars printing the milky way over my head and I saw 2 shooting stars falling from the sky.

I made a photograph of the night sky and stacked the pictures, each with a duration of few seconds to avoid star trails. Unfortunately no picture can catch the mood of the moment.. IMG_20210117_200800.jpg

Enviado desde mi BLA-L29 mediante Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jundo; 01-24-2021 at 02:28 AM.