Thread: January 8th-9th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

January 8th-9th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Dear All,

Please sit our Treeleaf Zazenkai for 90 minutes with Zazen, Heart Sutra and more:

10am Japan Saturday morning, NY 8pm, LA 5pm Friday night, London 1am and Paris 2am Saturday morning, or any time thereafter here:

However, "one way" live sitters are encouraged to come into the Zoom sitting, and just leave the camera and microphone turned off: Join live (with or without a camera & microphone) on Zoom at: TREELEAF Now OR at DIRECT ZOOM LINK, password (if needed): dogen

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLah

PS - There is no "wrong" or "right" in Zazen ... yet here is a little explanation of the "right" times to Bow (A Koan) ...

Chant Book is here for those who wish to join in: CHANT BOOK LINK

The other video I mention on Zendo decorum is this one, from our "Always Beginners" video Series:

Sit-a-Long with Jundo: Zazen for Beginners (12) - Basic Zendo Decorum At Home
    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...093#post189093
    Last edited by Sekishi; 01-09-2021 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Youtube link added.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Will be there with bells

Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    See y'all soon.

Gassho,S #sat
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Thank you, Jundo, Jakuden, and everyone. The talk was a good reminder for me and tea time was a blast.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
    恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

It was wonderful seeing and practicing with you all tonight. Another timely talk by Jundo as well, thank you

Gassho,
    Jesse
    ST

Thank you Jundo, Jakuden and all for practicing together tonight. And thank you for the lovely tea time. That was a blast!

Gassho,
    Rob

-stlah-

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
    聖簡 Seikan (Sacred Simplicity)

Thank you Jundo, Jakuden and all. Always a pleasure to share with you.

Thank you Jundo for reminding us of the importance of attention to detail

Gassho, Chris satlah

Thanks everyone! Lovely zazenkai, as always!!! Waving at all of you like a crazy person brightens my whole night (or day in Chris’ case ).

SatToday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

By the way, I did not mean that we should go to the other extreme and not move at all during Zazen. Small adjustments now and then during the sitting are natural and fine. It is just excessive moving that is a concern.

And, of course, if there is medical need, move and adjust as needed. I have a bad back sometimes, so have to adjust during sitting more some days than others.

Gassho, J

STLah

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    By the way, I did not mean that we should go to the other extreme and not move at all during Zazen. Small adjustments now and then during the sitting are natural and fine. It is just excessive moving that is a concern.

And, of course, if there is medical need, move and adjust as needed. I have a bad back sometimes, so have to adjust during sitting more some days than others.

Gassho, J

STLah
    I’m happy that you always reiterate the distinction between medical need and slight unpleasantness. It’s something I have to be conscious of myself: I have a bad back due to an MMA/Muay Thai mishap (that ended my fighting/martial arts days). While sitting, there’s the constant always-there slight pain that I can allow and let be — and then there’s the “If you don’t adjust your right leg and back you’ll be cursing yourself tomorrow” pain. I learned long ago (and subsequently didn’t listen during Rohatsu) that there’s pushing it and allowing, and *pushing* it and being a detriment.

Apologies for going long,

Gassho,
    Jesse
    ST

I apologize for the sound quality the past 3 weeks. Seems I had the microphone plugged in the wrong slot!

Oh my.

You may all have to sit through the same talk next week!

Gassho, J

STLah

Well, repetition is an important aspect of practice, right?

Gassho,
    Rob

-stlah-

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
    聖簡 Seikan (Sacred Simplicity)

Sat today (offline) for the first time, delightful 🙏 my gratitude Jundo, Jakuden and all live participants.

SatToday

Thank you everyone!
    Nikolas
    Sat/Lah

Quote Originally Posted by Franz View Post
    Sat today (offline) for the first time, delightful my gratitude Jundo, Jakuden and all live participants.

SatToday
    Thanks for the company Franz!!!!!

SatToday
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Thank you everyone. I sat with you this morning.

Thank you Jundo for the instructions. I have a few small tweaks to make to my routine

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Thank you all for your practice that makes this Sangha what it is. I think the talk was well needed, I find myself taking shortcuts sometimes due to being at home. Attention to detail is an important aspect to practice, and it's a good reminder to embody this, because all of life is our zendo.

Gassho,

Josh
    SatToday/LaH

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Sat recorded. Thank you
    - Matt / Kaishin
    sT

Thank you all, and thank you, Jundo, for the etiquette reminders! I confess and atone for being a chronic widdershins offender.
    Gassho,
    Krista
    st

I apologize for the sound quality the past 3 weeks. Seems I had the microphone plugged in the wrong slot!

Oh my.

Gassho, J

STLah
    Personally, this would not bother me one bit! I appreciate going over our practice repeatedly; it's easy for me to slip out of minding the little things that pull the whole dance together when not practicing "in-person".

Thank you for another great opportunity to practice with you all

Gassho,

Ryan
    Sat Today

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France

Oh my.

Gassho, J

STLah
    Ah the challenges of the recording artist audible from this end despite the quality and the instructions are clear and precise. Would seem I have picked up the odd bad habit and will need to be mindful of these. Thank you Jundo and Jakuden.

Sat

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Thank you all for sitting, and for the reminders of Zendo etiquette, Jundo.

Gassho
    Kokuu

Sat in instalments and finished this morning. Thank you everyone and for the reminders Jundo. They were timely as I was getting up to pick up a capsized baby and let a very persistent cat into the zendo (living room).

Gassho,

heiso.

StLah