Thread: December 18th-19th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

December 18th-19th Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai

Dear All,

Please sit our Treeleaf Zazenkai for 90 minutes with Zazen, Heart Sutra and more:

10am Japan Saturday morning, NY 8pm, LA 5pm Friday night, London 1am and Paris 2am Saturday morning, or any time thereafter here:

However, "one way" live sitters are encouraged to come into the Zoom sitting, and just leave the camera and microphone turned off: Join live (with or without a camera & microphone) on Zoom at: TREELEAF Now OR at DIRECT ZOOM LINK, password (if needed): dogen

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLah

PS - There is no "wrong" or "right" in Zazen ... yet here is a little explanation of the "right" times to Bow (A Koan) ...

Chant Book is here for those who wish to join in: CHANT BOOK LINK

The other video I mention on Zendo decorum is this one, from our "Always Beginners" video Series:

Sit-a-Long with Jundo: Zazen for Beginners (12) - Basic Zendo Decorum At Home
    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...093#post189093
    Last edited by Sekishi; 12-19-2020 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Added youtube video.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Hi Jundo!

I'll be there with my instruments ready

Gassho,

Kyonin
    Sat/LAH
    Hondō Kyōnin
    奔道 協忍

Off to go warm up the hut ... _()_

gassho
    shonin sat/lah today
    Visiting unsui: use salt

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    Youtube "one-way" video is up. See you all soon.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

I so look forward to beginning my weekend with you all! I may be called away, so I will sit with the camera off.
    Gassho,
    Krista
    stlah

Quote Originally Posted by KristaB View Post
    I so look forward to beginning my weekend with you all! I may be called away, so I will sit with the camera off.
    Gassho,
    Krista
    stlah
    It is okay to put the camera on, then leave early if you have to. One of the advantages of our online place, no slipper and door noises when people come in and out!

Gassho, J

STLah

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo View Post
    It is okay to put the camera on, then leave early if you have to. One of the advantages of our online place, no slipper and door noises when people come in and out!

Gassho, J

STLah

Gashho,
    Krista
    stlah
    Last edited by Naiko; 12-19-2020 at 04:14 PM.

Thank you Jundo, Kyonin, Sekishi and everyone! Roll with life's punches indeed, felt very appropriate as I went back and forth nursing a sick cat and a sick daughter :-p Another day, another challenge. But also equanimity and a chance to sit with you all.

Gassho,
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Thanks Jundo, Kyonin, Sekishi and everyone for sharing zazenkai. Always a pleasure.

Metta Jakuden to you and family (including cat)

Gassho, Chris satlah

Thank you, Jundo, Kyonin, and everyone for the zazenkai. Have a great weekend!

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
    恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Lovely sitting with everyone, thank you for being here, there, and everywhere!

And as Mike Tyson once said, "Everyone has a plan until they're punched in the mouth." Thank goodness for practice to help with the punches

Gassho,
    Jesse
    ST

Los Ensenos Zen desde Don Quixote Y Sancho Panza Roshis de la Lucha Libre ...

(Was this from Mexico or Argentina??)

Gassho, J

STLAH
    Last edited by Jundo; 12-19-2020 at 03:08 AM.

Thank you Jundo, Kyonin, and all for another wonderful Zazenkai. I'm so grateful to be able to practice with you all.

Gassho,
    Rob

-stlah-

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
    聖簡 Seikan (Sacred Simplicity)

UPDATE: Don Quijote was created by an Armenian wrestling promoter in Argentina! (Not Mexico after all, lo siento ... )

http://catchyluchalibreargentina.blo...in-197273.html

Titanes en el ring (Titans in the ring) was an Argentine lucha libre television program aired between 3 March 1962 and 1988. ...
    In 1970s Titanes en el Ring moved to Canal 13, Karadagián incorporates fantastic and mythological characters as ... Don Quijote y Sancho Panza ...

However, the other wrestler I mentioned, Mil Mascaras (1000 Masks) WAS from Mexico, and I loved him on Miami TV for his countless films where, outside the ring, he is a great detective and crime fighter ...

Last edited by Jundo; 12-19-2020 at 04:21 AM.

However, the other wrestler I mentioned, Mil Mascaras (1000 Masks) WAS from Mexico, and I loved him on Miami TV for his countless films where, outside the ring, he is a great detective and crime fighter
    This looks like a cross between The Green Hornet/Kato and a telenovela. And now I have to go look him up to watch these films

Gassho,
    Jesse
    ST

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    This looks like a cross between The Green Hornet/Kato and a telenovela. And now I have to go look him up to watch these films

Gassho,
    Jesse
    ST
    Ah, also from my childhood ... The Green Hornet and Kato (despite the Japanese name, played by the legendary BRUCE LEE!) ...

Gassho, J

STLah

Thank you everyone! Have a great fight!
    Nikolas
    Sat/Lah

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    Lovely sitting with everyone, thank you for being here, there, and everywhere!

And as Mike Tyson once said, "Everyone has a plan until they're punched in the mouth." Thank goodness for practice to help with the punches

Gassho,
    Jesse
    ST
    Ha, that Tyson quote is both hilarious and on point! I definitely feel the benefit of being able to roll with the punches better thanks to this practice.

Thank you Jundo, Kyonin, and all.

Hope your daughter and sick kitty are better soon, Jakuden

Gassho,

Ryan S
    Sat Today
    墨眼 | Bokugan | Sumi Ink Eye
    Ryan-S | zazenlibrarian.com

Thank you everyone. I sat with you this morning.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

That was lovely, thank you very much everyone. Was the song you briefly mentioned, Jundo, Tubthumping by Chumbawamba?

Gassho,

David
    Sat today
    I yam what I yam, that's all that I yam.
    Popeye.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    That was lovely, thank you very much everyone. Was the song you briefly mentioned, Jundo, Tubthumping by Chumbawamba?
    Yes, and apart from the "He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink, He drinks a Lager drink ..." part, and the possible bar fight that the song is about ...

... a good Buddhist lesson!

Speaking to The Guardian, Boff Whalley (Chumbawamba’s lead guitarist), confirmed the above. According to him, the song was inspired by an Irish neighbor of theirs. This neigbor would often return home completely drunk and would fall over while trying to get into his house. However, he apparently would get up again and not give up on his quest to get into the house. And that’s likely where the band got the inspiration for the line: “I get knocked down but I get up again…“.

https://www.songmeaningsandfacts.com...yrics-meaning/
    Gassho, J

STLah

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    _/\_

sat

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Thank you everyone. I sat with all of you this morning.

Gassho
    Sat today
    David Cravidão Lopes Pereira

Thank you everyone, wonderful to share this practice with you all. The talk was once again very relevant to life. Since I've stated playing chess again I get to work on not winning quite often ha!

Gassho,

Josh
    SatToday/LaH

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Thank you all!

Gassho
    Kokuu

Thank you everyone!

Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Thank you - Sat Wednesday morning.

Stewart
    Sat (just now)

Sat. Thank you Jundo and Sangha, the reminder that we can't always win is very helpful. Also, laughed when you mentioned Don Quijote and Sancho Panza, studied them in high school

Gassho, Tomás
    Sat&LaH