Thread: November 27th-28st Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai - Honoring our LGBTQ+ Ancestors

November 27th-28st Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai - Honoring our LGBTQ+ Ancestors

Todays' Zazenkai remembers and honors our LGBTQ+ Ancestors,
    known and unknown, today or in the past.

May our Sangha, of many peoples from many places, work for ever greater diversity in the years to come. Although what truly matters is who someone is as a human being, their good heart, sincerity and dedication to the Way, I believe this will and should include persons of many backgrounds, same yet diverse.

Dear All,

Please sit our Treeleaf Zazenkai for 90 minutes with Zazen, Heart Sutra and more:

10am Japan Saturday morning, NY 8pm, LA 5pm Friday night, London 1am and Paris 2am Saturday morning, or any time thereafter here:

However, "one way" live sitters are encouraged to come into the Zoom sitting, and just leave the camera and microphone turned off: Join live (with or without a camera & microphone) on Zoom at: TREELEAF Now OR at DIRECT ZOOM LINK, password (if needed): dogen

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLah

PS - There is no "wrong" or "right" in Zazen ... yet here is a little explanation of the "right" times to Bow (A Koan) ...

Chant Book is here for those who wish to join in: CHANT BOOK LINK

The other video I mention on Zendo decorum is this one, from our "Always Beginners" video Series:

Sit-a-Long with Jundo: Zazen for Beginners (12) - Basic Zendo Decorum At Home
    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...093#post189093

The Japanese version of the international Buddhist Flag. The flag's six vertical bands represent the six colors of the aura which some Buddhists believe emanated from the body of the Buddha when he attained Enlightenment. The sixth vertical band is made up of a combination of the five other colors' rectangular bands.

The rainbow flag is a symbol of the LGBTQ+ community.
    Last edited by Jundo; 11-28-2020 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Added one-way Youtube video.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Sorry to miss this live. I'll catch up later in the week.

Stewart
    Sat

Hey all

My wife is working an extra shift caring for people with acute mental illness - so my 'LAH' for today is helping her do her 'LAH', and I will say a metta verse for her patients today. I'll sit this one later or tomorrow as the opportunity presents itself. Take care everyone, metta to all of you too.

Gassho

Tokan (satlah)

Treeleaf Priest / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    I'll be there with a tock-tock-tock and a ding-ding-ding.

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    Sekishi | 石志 | He/him | Better with a grain of salt, but best ignored entirely.

Hi all, sitting recorded today.

Our elderly neighbours are in a bad way: he's in hospital; she's literally just broken her arm in a fall; plus they care full-time for their grandson with disabilities.

Gassho, Chris sat/LAH-ing

Sitting this now. Gassho, Matt

Your talk was beautiful and moving Jundo.

Thank you.

Gassho,
    Mark.

sat&lah.
    Last edited by Kenku; 11-28-2020 at 05:36 AM.

Oh gosh Chris, Metta for your poor neighbors and thank you for helping!

Lovely sit, my same-yet-diverse Sangha. Thank you Jundo and Sekishi. Have a peaceful weekend.

Gassho,
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Thank you, Jundo.

Thank you, Treeleaf. Nine bows.

gassho
    shonin satlah today
    Visiting unsui: use salt

Thank you everyone

Sorry I couldn't be chatty at the end, it's 3am here and I didn't want to accidentally wake my housemates up!

Gassho,
    Phill
    sat

Thank you, Jundo, Sekishi, and everyone. It was a lovely zazenkai, and a wonderful talk. I had to take care of something, so I missed tea time.

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/lah
    美道 Bidou Beautiful Way
    恩海 Onkai Merciful/Kind Ocean

I have a lot to learn; take anything I say that sounds like teaching with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Thank you everyone

Sorry I couldn't be chatty at the end, it's 3am here and I didn't want to accidentally wake my housemates up!

Gassho,
    Phill
    sat
    Lovely having you there Phill!!! 4 am here in Spain! Go get some rest!

SatToday
    Bion
    -------------------------
    When you put Buddha’s activity into practice, only then are you a buddha. When you act like a fool, then you’re a fool. - Sawaki Roshi

Wonderful sitting with you all this evening! Lovely talk Jundo, and it was great to enjoy tea time with you all.

Gassho,
    Jesse
    ST

Thank you Jundo, Sekishi, and all for another wonderful Zazenkai. As always, tonight's talk was inspiring and insightful on a few levels. Thank you very much for that Jundo.

Gassho,
    Rob

-stlah-

Thanks everyone for sitting!

Jundo, please tell your friends ロックダウンが終わった後、また一緒に座禅できたら嬉しいです。

Kenny
    Sat Today / LaH

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone for this Zazenkai. Extra thank you to Jundo for a wonderful talk!
    Nikolas
    Sat/Lah

Thank you Jundo and everyone. I have been using the recorded versions of Zazenkai mostly, as the time difference Japan-UK is significant. But this month I chose to sit 'live', and it is trully beautiful. I am sorry for not staying for tea and conversation, this is not a reflection of my attitude at all - I did not want to speak as this would have woken my wife.
    Thank you my Dharma Friends.
    In Gassho
    Al
    stlah

Thank you everyone!
    Gassho,
    Kotei sat/lah today.

義道 冴庭 / Gidō Kotei.
    Being a novice priest doesn't mean my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Doshin
    St

Thank you everyone. I sat with you this morning.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

Thank you so much everyone . Excellent talk. So happy to have found a community to practice with that is so open and genuine.

I look forward to the upcoming special guest talk

Gassho

Ryan
    Sat Today
    墨眼 | Bokugan | Sumi Ink Eye
    Ryan-S | zazenlibrarian.com

Thank you everyone for the sit. I appreciate the dharma talk Jundo.

Gassho,
    Chelsea
    ST LaH

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone, I began sitting this on demand this morning.

Gassho

heiso.

StLah

Sent from my RMX2001 using Tapatalk

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Sat the last two mornings. Thank you everyone, we are all just human beings and of just once race, the human race. Simples.

Sat

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Thank you all. Lovely!

Gassho
    Kokuu

That was a beautiful talk Jundo, it brought tears to my eyes

Gassho,
    Tom

Sat

I have felt welcome and comfortable being open about my identity here and I hope you'll get a chance to meet my husband one day.

Stewart
    Sat

This interview with the Pureland priest Kodo Nishimura gives a good idea of the issues that out gay clergy have in Japan.

https://www.tokyoweekender.com/2020/...nk-in-mascara/

Stewart
    Sat

Thank you for sitting with us, everyone.

Thank you, Jundo, for that wonderful talk that made my heart smile. Due to technical difficulties, I was only able to sit with all of you today, but I'm glad I was able to here with you all nonetheless

Gassho
    Kyōsen
    Sat|LAH
    橋川
    kyō (bridge) | sen (river)

Just a note that there is no Zazenkai today, 12/4 as this weekend is ...

ROHATSU RETREAT!

ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Sat this wonderful weekly Zazenkai. How nice that the Sangha is welcoming of everyone

Gassho, Tomás
    Sat