Thread: November 20th-21st Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai - Remember Daylight Savings

November 20th-21st Treeleaf Weekly Zazenkai - Remember Daylight Savings

NOTE: Daylight Savings has changed, please confirm timeless times!

Dear All,

Please sit our Treeleaf Zazenkai for 90 minutes with Zazen, Heart Sutra and more:

10am Japan Saturday morning, NY 8pm, LA 5pm Friday night, London 1am and Paris 2am Saturday morning, or any time thereafter here:

However, "one way" live sitters are encouraged to come into the Zoom sitting, and just leave the camera and microphone turned off: Join live (with or without a camera & microphone) on Zoom at: TREELEAF Now OR at DIRECT ZOOM LINK, password (if needed): dogen

Gassho, Jundo

SatTodayLah

PS - There is no "wrong" or "right" in Zazen ... yet here is a little explanation of the "right" times to Bow (A Koan) ...

Chant Book is here for those who wish to join in: CHANT BOOK LINK

The other video I mention on Zendo decorum is this one, from our "Always Beginners" video Series:

Sit-a-Long with Jundo: Zazen for Beginners (12) - Basic Zendo Decorum At Home
    https://www.treeleaf.org/forums/show...093#post189093
    Last edited by Sekishi; 11-20-2020 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Added youtube one-way video.
    ALL OF LIFE IS OUR TEMPLE

Treeleaf Unsui / Engineer Sekishi's Avatar
    See you all soon!

Gassho,
    Sekishi
    #sat #lah
    sekishi
    石志

As a novice priest-in-training, this is simply an expression of my opinion. Please take it with a grain of salt.

Will be there with bells

Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    清 道 寂田
    SEIDO JAKUDEN
    I am a novice priest. Any resemblance my posts may have to actual teachings about the Dharma, living or dead, is purely coincidental (and just my attempt to be helpful).

Thank you Jundo, Jakuden and all. Always a pleasure to sit and share with you my friends.

Gassho, Chris satlah

Thank you, Jundo, Jakuden, and everyone. Always lovely. Have a great weekend!

Gassho,
    Onkai
    Sat/;aj
    On (Warm)
    Kai (Sea)

Thank you Jundo and everyone including our visitors in Japan! I am grateful to live in a place and time of greater safety, health and peace than many in history.

Gassho
    Jakuden
    SatToday/LAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    清 道 寂田
    SEIDO JAKUDEN
    I am a novice priest. Any resemblance my posts may have to actual teachings about the Dharma, living or dead, is purely coincidental (and just my attempt to be helpful).

Thanks everyone for sitting!

Here's an explanation of Future Funk in case you were wondering what I was talking about

Kenny
    Sat Today

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thank you Jundo, Jakuden and all for another wonderful Zazenkai. I'm ever grateful for the opportunity to share in practice with you all.

Gassho,
    Rob

-stlah-

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
    Thanks everyone for sitting!

Here's an explanation of Future Funk in case you were wondering what I was talking about

Kenny
    Sat Today

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    The perfect music for my little Zazenkai Talk today!

Gassho, J

STLah

Thank you everyone.
    Gassho,
    Kotei sat.

義道 冴庭. / Gidou Kotei. Being a novice priest doesn't mean that my writing about the Dharma is more substantial than yours. Actually, it might well be the other way round.

Thank you everyone!
    Nikolas
    Sat/Lah

Thank you Jundo, Jakuden and everyone

I had some network/laptop issues early on, sorry for popping in and out a bit during the Heart Sutra. Lovely Zazenkai

Gassho

Ryan
    Sat Today

Thank you everyone. I sat with you this morning.

Tairin
    Sat today and lah
    泰林 - Tai Rin - Peaceful Woods

La Croix-Avranchin, Basse Normandie, France
    Sat on demand as usual, thank you all.

Sat

Seishin

Sei - Meticulous
    Shin - Heart

Start to sit this morning on demand.

Jakuden - my 6 month old *really* likes you chanting the Heart Sutra. She got very over excited, was flapping her arms and squawking then tried to eat the tablet I was watching on!

Gassho,

heiso.

StLah

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Thank you all for sitting with me this morning. A wonderful start to yet another birthday.

Gassho,

P

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Shoemaker View Post
    Thank you all for sitting with me this morning. A wonderful start to yet another birthday.

Gassho,

P
    We don't quite believe in time.

Happy Non-Birthday!

Gassho, Jundo

STLah

Peter, HB to you, as Fugen used to say, " May your Bday be an A-day. Thank you for your practice.

gassho, Shokai
    stlah
    仁道 生開 - Jindo Shokai "Open to life in a benevolent way"
    May we all grow together in our knowledge of the Dharma

Thank you all for sitting.

Gassho
    Kokuu
    ------------------------------------
    Feel free to message me if you wish to talk about issues around practicing with physical limitations. This is something I have been sitting with for a fair while and am happy to help with suggestions or just offer a listening ear.